“Dont be afraid !!”

Cuisines: Korean
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Very good "value". It was my wife and myself only and this was our first try. Great experience ! I will leave out the best suprise and rate the food.. Probably an 8 out of 10 being the best..Try this restaurant !!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Against my better judgement, I gave this place a second try. I tried to leave my judging shoes at the front door, but oh goodness - where do I even begin?? We were sat down at a booth with the nicer ceramic table-top grill. Your server stops by and wants to know immediately what you're going to have to eat. The real (&only) deal is the $9.99 all-you-can-eat buffet ("A"). You have like choice of 5 different meats - I usually stick with the chicken & beef brisket. Our server said "OK" and then ran away. There are like 15 staff members walking around, and about 5 different people come to our table within the first 4 minutes to drop off the several different side dishes - including the salad. I usually try to fill up on the salad because I feel that's my safest bet. A server eventually brings you a plate of raw meat for you to cook yourself of the grill in the middle of your table. After your first serving and from there on out, you're basically on your own. You have to grab any server's attention as they literally try to run past your table without making eye contact and just yell "Chicken" etc., when you're ready for another round. I still am not sure how I feel about the whole raw meat/chicken - cooking it yourself idea - but I'm sure that's the way this restaurant gets around any food poisoning complaints.

Anywho, service is non-existant. No one really speaks english. And they basically want you out as fast as you walked in. Kimchi (side dish) is good. Salad tasted fresh. I recommend you over-grill the meat, just to be sure it's safe to eat. Don't use the bathrooms. And oh..don't worry about the "B" health rating ... you'll know understand why later that night ;)

1  Thank NikAnnTar
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Why compare it to "In n Out" Burger? Simply because of the value one gets for the price of the food. Let's face it. "In n Out" Burger doesn't have the best quality meat. It is frozen like the meat at Castle BBQ. The greens are fresh (the lettuce, tomato and onions). And so, does Castle BBQ wherein the salad served in some vinaigrette dressing is fresh and very tasty. The service is fast just like the burger stand and also very attentive. The staff will keep asking you in their best way though not fluently in English, if you need more meat. No holds barred, they come when you ask.
I have been to fancy and gourmet restaurants, and to compare this restaurant to them is like comparing apples and oranges. This place is unassuming and unpretentious. If it is value you are looking for, then this is one of the few places in L.A.

Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

First time here seedy area dont go at nite dont risk it. 45 min to 1 hr wait, food was alright not great waiters dont speak english so just point at numbers on the menu thats the easiest way to intetact with them. Not all its cracked up to be theres value there like 18.99 per person but you give up alot of amenities. Its way too loud in there, the music was blasting, not a typical quaint, somber korean restaurant. Take someone whos been there before otherwise its too overwhelming. Gona look for other more upscale korean bbq joints.

2  Thank tiestofan1
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Staf Staff isn't the friendlin Cheap fast service, good solid Korean bbq'd . Staff.