“Educational & Delicious”

Six Taste
Ranked #4 of 41 Food & Drink in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Founded in 2009, Six Taste is the largest and highest-rated food tour company in Los Angeles. Homegrown and family-owned, Six Taste supports local businesses and enriches the L.A. community through food and education. Six Taste tour guides lead historical and cultural walking food tours through different neighborhoods of Los Angeles, particularly Downtown LA, Hollywood, Santa Monica, Arts District, Sawtelle Japantown, Little Tokyo, and Thai Town, that feature generous samples of diverse dishes from 4-7 restaurants. CEO Sally Tiongco is a proud LA native, UCLA alumna, and a former devoted LA public school educator who resides in Downtown LA and the San Fernando Valley with her husband and two children. “LA is our home, and the Six Taste team inspires others to feel the same way, several bites at a time.”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We had the private food tour in Downtown Los Angeles and had a great time with Celeste. She knew loads about the history of Downtown and took us to a few cool buildings I didn't know existed, and I've lived in LA all my life. We ate at 6 places and they were all pretty good. If I were to give one recommendation it would be to go to more hole in the wall places, similar to our first stop, the stand in the Market to get pupusas, but that's just my preference. Overall we had a great time and my group and I highly recommend Six Taste.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

From beginning to end, the customer service was great!
My communication with Sally on making the reservation was at ease and the tour was organized. We even received an itinerary!
I had a private tour with Danny being our tour guide! He was awesome! Couldn't ask for a better person. We got free six taste bags!
The food in Santa Monica was good. We had many different foods but one that stood out the most was a taco potatoes from border grill. Super yummy!
I'd definitely check out their other tours and would request Danny to be my tour guide again!
Thanks for a delicious lunch six taste!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

My wife and I took the "Delicious Dumpling" tour last Saturday, 1/12. It was delicious and delightful. We couldn't have asked for a better tour guide than Michael. He was not only very knowledgeable about the food but also about the history of Taiwan and the various foreign influences on the food there. Michael was also very funny and told some great stories like the one about the difference in the meanings between some words in the U. S. and Taiwan such as "Boba".

Or fellow foodie tourists were also a great group of people which helps to make a tour like this more fun. Although they were all at least half our age we had a lot of fun together enjoying some delicious food and learning about the culture. In fact we were having so much fun with Michael and enjoying the food and stories that our 4 hour tour ended up being almost 6 hours and we didn't want it to end.

Michael, thank you for a great day. I'm sorry that Six Taste is closing down because we would love to take some more tours with you. If you go to work with another food tour company please let us know. Six Taste was a great concept and we will miss them

1  Thank Foodie217
Reviewed January 11, 2013

For Christmas, my sister purchased the Six Taste tour of Little Tokyo for myself, her husband's brother, brother's wife and the wife's sister. So the four of us took the tour on Saturday, January 5th. We met up in front of the Japanese American museum, and from there, our guide, Brian, took us around to different restaurants and food shops to experience different Japanese cuisine. It was fun, the food was good, and not only was he informative, but he also made it a lot of fun. I can see this being a good thing for team building or a date, or just for getting out with some friends. There was also a good progression, as far as the food goes.
We started out with a snack, then went with actual meal items (noodles, sushi, rice), then dessert, and finally ended it off with some tea. So not only was the food good, but Brian kept things interactive, by asking questions and then not only giving the answers, but also explanations to go along with those answers.
I was kind of sad to hear that they will be closing their doors at the end of January, but hopefully we will see it reincarnated at a later date. It really was a fun way to spend a few hours exploring restaurants that you may not have tried out before.
They say to wear comfortable shoes, which does make sense, since you are walking from place to place, but it's less walking than you would think for 3 hours (ended up being more towards 3 1/2 hours).
Bottom line, try it out if you can, before they shut their doors! Definitely worth the time.

1  Thank Steve F
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The LA food tour is awesome! It takes about 3 hours and you walk a good half mile with plenty of stops for delicious LA fair and sight seeing. Our tour guide was BRIAN and he is the BEST! Park at Pershing's Square for $7 on the weekend. If you get there early explore the square.

The tour starts at the Biltmore Hotel. You will then head over to the old Warner Brother's building to have some Armenian and Mediterranean food at Masis. The chicken Swarma is to die for! You get plenty of food here including humus, rice, cucumber with yogurt and falafel. Even though you will be tempted to over eat here because there is plenty of food remember you have five more stops all of which provide copious amounts of food.

You then proceed to Soi 7 where you get some delicious pad thai and fried chicken! In Soi 7 there is Boba 7 in the back where you can buy alcoholic Boba to add to the food.The restaurant looks like a great place to hang out and eat. Afterwards you will walk through the Bradbury Building which is by far the most memorable interior of any building in LA.

Next stop is Sarita's Pupuseria at Grand Central market for the most authentic Pupuseria I've ever had! You'll walk towards Cole's but you won't be eating there. You'll get a turkey sandwich at Two bits market, the only organic market in downtown LA. I had them wrap the sandwich to go to save room for the upcoming desserts.

Your first dessert stop is Semi Sweet Bakery which gave us a "Ding a ling." It is their version of a Ding dong but made with red velvet cake mix. Nothing there is too sweet so buy a few extras to take home! Your last stop is Syrup to have chocolate waffle, a unique Danish, a glass of fruit tea and some thai ice tea ice cream. Syrups has so many wonderful desserts I could of stayed there for two hours eating if I wasn't already so full!

Overall the tour provides large amounts of good food, a great walk and I highly recommend it to anyone who has never experienced Downtown LA via a walking tour.The LA food tour is awesome! It takes about 3 hours and you walk a good half mile with plenty of stops for delicious LA fair. Our tour guide was BRIAN and he is the BEST! It starts at the Biltmore Hotel. You will then head over to the old Warner Brother's builiding to have some Armenian and mediterranean food at Masis. The chicken Swarma is to die for!