“six taste - "new chinatown"”
Review of Six Taste

Six Taste
Ranked #4 of 45 Food & Drink in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Founded in 2009, Six Taste is the largest and highest-rated food tour company in Los Angeles. Homegrown and family-owned, Six Taste supports local businesses and enriches the L.A. community through food and education. Six Taste tour guides lead historical and cultural walking food tours through different neighborhoods of Los Angeles, particularly Downtown LA, Hollywood, Santa Monica, Arts District, Sawtelle Japantown, Little Tokyo, and Thai Town, that feature generous samples of diverse dishes from 4-7 restaurants. CEO Sally Tiongco is a proud LA native, UCLA alumna, and a former devoted LA public school educator who resides in Downtown LA and the San Fernando Valley with her husband and two children. “LA is our home, and the Six Taste team inspires others to feel the same way, several bites at a time.”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

i did the "new chinatown" tour with judy. i've been exploring the 'new chinatown' for awhile and considered myself pretty knowledgeable but judy took it to a whole new level. one of the many things i appreciated about her, besides her love of food in general and chinese food in particular, was she obviously thinks about food, considers it's merits and is fearless about discussing it in those terms as well as the "this-is-just-yummy" terms. who knew that when you get tea at chinese restaurants you actually have some options. you can ask for "marigold" tea! and marigold tea has digestive properties.
she turned us on to tea smoked chicken at happy kitchen on w. valley. this place has the best beef roll i've had. beef rolls never really did it for me before but the one at happy kitchen really lit me up.
six taste is a great value, a great product and a great experience. treat yourself.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We live in Hermosa Beach and wanted to know a bit more about downtown Los Angeles. This Six Taste tour was a perfect way to sample 6 different restaurants and learn a little history of the buildings in DTLA. Celeste was our guide and she was super! She has been with the company since inception and it shows! Besides taking us to some nice restaurants, she showed us many hidden gems in DTLA such as St. Vincent Court, an old bank that is now a library for used books, etc… Celeste was very informative. We started the tour with Masis Mediterranean restaurant (an institution in LA, who knew?) and ended with a great deli sandwich at Two Bites. We had dessert in the middle which I thought was fun, especially the sweet grilled cheese sandwich at Syrup Dessert. Next time I am in DTLA I will know where to get some great food. I think we will try Six Taste Chinatown tour next!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband, adult daughter, and octogenarian friend and I had a wonderful time on our Little Tokyo tour today. I can only echo the previous reviewer's accolades about Brian's expertise and the terrific tastings. Even though my daughter was unexpectedly on injured reserve and needed a wheelchair between locations, it was an easy journey through the neighborhood. The places we visited were well prepared for us, and the food was very good and plentiful. There were several opportunities to sit inside to enjoy the offerings in welcome air conditioning on a hot day. We all definitely would like to join Six Tastes for another of their venues. Highly recommend!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I did the New Chinatown tour in San Gabriel. I went thinking it'd be a good opportunity to try restaurants I'd otherwise never go to but I didn't realize how much fun it'd actually be to learn a whole new part of the city. It felt like I'd been transported into another country with unique food, tastes and people. Our guide was very knowledgeable about all the food we ate and restaurants we visited, as well as the surrounding area. She pointed out many places to try when we return, since there's only so many you can visit in a 3 hour food tour.

Thanks!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I went on the Little Tokyo tour with Brian this past weekend and absolutely loved it. We've already recommended it to many of our friends and family members. What we loved about it:

1) Brian is a fantastic tour guide - friendly, entertaining, and knowledgeable.
2) We actually learned something. We learned about tea, the history of little tokyo, how to properly eat sushi, etc. The highlight, as two sushi fanatics, was definitely the lesson of sushi etiquette. Little did we know that we've been eating sushi alllll wrong. :)
3) We had a total of 8 stops/tastings, and loved 7 of them. Excellent variety and quality.
4) It was really well-organized. As we entered any establishment, the staff was always prepared to serve us.
5) Most importantly, we left this 3.5 hour tour with a much better understanding of Little Tokyo and the many gems within it. We can't wait to come back to explore more.
6) Small group. We were a little worried that we'd get stuck on a tour with 30+ people. Our tour was sold out, and there were only 12 of us.

We're already planning our next Six Taste tour of Thai town. Can't wait!

1  Thank Nataliya_de