“Little Tokyo”

Six Taste
Ranked #3 of 44 Food & Drink in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Founded in 2009, Six Taste is the largest and highest-rated food tour company in Los Angeles. Homegrown and family-owned, Six Taste supports local businesses and enriches the L.A. community through food and education. Six Taste tour guides lead historical and cultural walking food tours through different neighborhoods of Los Angeles, particularly Downtown LA, Hollywood, Santa Monica, Arts District, Sawtelle Japantown, Little Tokyo, and Thai Town, that feature generous samples of diverse dishes from 4-7 restaurants. CEO Sally Tiongco is a proud LA native, UCLA alumna, and a former devoted LA public school educator who resides in Downtown LA and the San Fernando Valley with her husband and two children. “LA is our home, and the Six Taste team inspires others to feel the same way, several bites at a time.”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

All I can say is WOW! We had the best time! Our guide, Brian, was the most interesting, knowledgeable, and fun guide I have encountered on any tour. We ate incredible food, learned history, and found out how to please the Sushi chefs. Thank you for a memorable time. Can't wait to try another tour.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"biltmore hotel"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Wow! We were blown away with the Santa Monica Food Tour yesterday morning and afternoon. Therese was our tour guide extraordinaire - she is the best. The restaurants and attractions selected for the food tour were so good. Therese shared so many fun and interesting facts about Santa Monica, as well as the local restaurants, buildings, famous local vendors and the subject of locally resources and organic food products.

As a result of Therese's professional flair, people skills and expert knowledge, our group of participants opened up and became a cohesive and fun group of people.

Within several hours after our tour was complete, our favorable word of mouth regarding the tour spread to more than a dozen people. We are already making plan for a repeat performance with Six Taste.

Your are doing lots of things right - especially Therese!

Reviewed June 12, 2012

EXCELLENT! Food and restaurant choices were great, Loved the Tea House! Michael Lin was the best tour gyide I have ever had, His knowledge, humor and professionalism made the Tour a great event!

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Brian did an amazing job on this tour! If you want to taste great food in LA this tour is for you! Brian was knowledgable and very outgoing and friendly. High reccomendation !

See more reviews
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I have now done two six taste food tours. The first a little over a year in downtown. The food was so different (delicious cuisines from everywhere around the world). I felt like a tourist in my own town; there's so much history that I was unaware of. A couple weeks ago I took the Japantown tour. Oooohhh, so delicious! I wish I brought my tupperware because I was so full I couldn't finish everything - and that was sad. It had the best japanese curry I've ever had! The udon soup was probably my favorite. Brian (the famous actor we all insyantly recognized but tried to play it cool & act like we didn't) was our tour guide & I think I developed a lil crush on him. He's hilarious & knows his stuff! That boy is a walking Japantown dictionary. I loved both tours equally; they are both so different that it's hard to say I preferred one over the other. Thank you six taste for the great times (& bigger waist line!).