“Worst Woman Alive” 1 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Studio City Golf and Tennis
Ranked #281 of 536 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Tennis buffs can play on any of 20 courts at this facility.
Paramount, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Worst Woman Alive”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Wow! I don't know if I can properly express how awful of an experience I had going here. When we first arrived we decided to hit some balls on the range first, so I reserved us a spot while my friends went to get some balls and clubs. I stood there for about 15 minutes wondering why they weren't back yet, and a few minutes later they returned. My assumption was that there must have been a long line, but that was not the case. According to them they spent 15 minutes being yelled at by the awful woman behind the counter for no reason. I figured they were exaggerating the situation and that they must have done something to cause this woman to yell at them.

They told me that I needed to go get clubs from her, because she wouldn't let them get clubs for me without me being present. I went in figuring as long as I was polite there would be no reason for the woman to be mean to me or treat me the way my friends claim they were treated.

So I walked in with a smile on my face and said

"Hi, my friends told me I needed to get clubs here, they said I was on a list"
to which she goes
"nobody left you any clubs here!"

I was shocked this woman instantly started yelling at me. So I say "Sorry, that's not what I meant, I need to rent clubs". I don't recall exactly what she said next but she didn't seem to want to give me clubs, so I said "if there's a problem I don't need any clubs I can just borrow theirs." She responds with "You can't use their clubs!"

She then reaches for clubs and asks what I need. She starts naming off clubs, so I say, "I don't know a ton about golf, so just give me what you think i'll need", which was the worst thing I could have possibly said. She yells "Do you even know how to play golf!" I was speechless. I felt like anything I said was just going to make her angrier. I am no golf pro, but I did take a golf course one semester in college so I understand the basics, but never learned much of anything on the different type of clubs. While I could have asked for the clubs that I thought were right, I figured it best for her to decide what I needed since its her job and she would probably know what I needed better than I did.

She yelled once again "Do you know how to play golf!?! Luckily a customer behind me just yelled out what clubs to take. So I said "can I please have those clubs" but she still kept yelling "do you even know how to play golf?"So I just repeated "can you please give me the clubs", which eventually wore her down and she gave me the clubs.

To top it all off we had to wait like an hour and a half to actually play and once we got on the course we had to wait like 10 minutes at each hole.

To anyone who actually read all of this i'm sure you think i'm just exaggerating things and that this couldn't possibly be that bad. I understand that, I would think the same thing, actually I did think the same thing when my friends told me what happened to them, but I can assure you the experience was that bad.

If the owner of this establishment happens to look at this the woman I am referring to was an older woman, probably in her 50's or 60's who was working on 06/17/12 around 3pm. You need to fire her, because if this is how she treats customers you can be sure that you are loosing customers from her attitude alone.

Visited June 2012
3 Thank Max P

Oak Park, CA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place to Improve Short Game”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

This is a 9-hole, par-3 course that is ideal for beginners or those returning to the game after a long break or those just looking to improve their short game. As the longest hole is 135 yds, one can manage with just the 7 or 5 Irons (as I did on my recent visit).

Visited May 2012
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Facility”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2010

Driving Range- The best non grass driving range in LA. I love to practice, so this is the part I use the most. It has 20+ hitting stalls with very good mats. Range has a target green @125 and several yardage signs for targets from 50 out to 175. A little over 200 yds long, bounded by very high fences. But the best thing is they use balls that are in very good condition. That really sets it apart from most of the area ranges that have balls so old and scuffed they almost have no dimples left. Sun at your back in am, hitting into the sun in late afternoon-sundown. Good lighting for evenings. Last buckets sold at 10pm, close at 11pm.
Putting Green - Pretty good practice green, closed on, I think, Tues and Friday. Can be pretty crowded.
9 hole Exec Course - a very nice 9 hole course with holes from about 80-120 yds. Real greens and bunkers. An excellent tune-up for your short game.
Tennis - I'm not a tennis player, but I think they have 16 courts that I hear are well maintained, just as the golf side of the operation is.

Studio City
“The Perfect Place For A Mid-day Escape.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2006

Studio City Golf and Tennis is located on Whitsett Ave. just a couple of blocks south of Ventura Blvd. They have a great driving range, putting green, and pitch and putt golf course; the tennis facilities are also well maintained and easily accessible.

It's only $8 to play a round of golf and although the course isn't massive, it's really fun. The driving range has a lot of stalls and there are loaner clubs available if you don't have or want to bring your own.

I've been going to the range for years and really like it. The whole place is kind of an oasis amid the hustle and bustle of Studio City and the perfect place to escape to during a lunch hour or in between setups on a movie or TV shoot.

I recommend Studio City Golf and Tennis, it's great.