“GREAT TIME”

Sunset Ranch Hollywood
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour LA on horseback: saddle up and ride over the ridge into Burbank, have a Mexican meal and ride back to the stables by moonlight.
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Took my son back in May 2013. Our tour guide was Robbie. We were the only ones on the ride. The restaurant was great too. We had a really good time. It was a very long ride. Will do it again, soon.

There are newer reviews for Sunset Ranch Hollywood

Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I took advantage of a 2-for-1 voucher for a Tuesday ride. This was a first come, first served offer, so we arrived early. The ranch was closed, but we received a friendly greeting from the resident cat, dogs and grooms!
There are about 60 horses at the ranch. All the horses appeared to be in great condition. At 9am, we signed all the paperwork and mounted our horses (Malcolm and Muddy Waters). Both horses were calm and steady, and we had utmost confidence in them.
Our voucher was for a one-hour ride. Otto was assigned to us as a guide - he was great company, laid back and a good ambassador for LA. My husband and I were the only ones on the ride. As per other reviews, we were taken into the Hollywood hills and yes, the horses have a tendency to ride close to the edge of the trails. However, neither horse showed any suicidal tendencies and we felt safe the whole time.
We had the best views of the Hollywood sign, close by the ranch. We were also taken to Indian Point/Rock, with great views across LA. Otto took plenty of photos of us, so we can remember our experience. The ride was unhurried and we were out riding for more than 1 1/2 hours. Otto did not once mention tips, but we were more than happy to pay the recommended tip of $20 per person for one of our best experiences in LA.
As I had not ridden for some years, i found that an extended one hour ride was more than enough. I suffered a lovely bruise after an inelegant dismount. Surprisingly enough, I do not experience sore legs or bum afterwards.

1  Thank MissyH1973
Reviewed October 29, 2013

After many visits in Hollywood and LA my daughter came up with the bright idea to do something totally different, just to relax and enjoy the scenery, namely from the horseback! We were recommended by the inn keeper to go for the Sunset Ranch, located on the hillside just below the Hollywood sign. Reservation and payment was conveniently done on the website of the ranch. Parking is located right at the entrance. Having previously done half day trail riding in Colorado and Wyoming we decided for the two-hour trail ride, in a group with just my daughter and me, which was a marvelous experience. Staff was very friendly and helpful and our guide had in-depth knowledge about the history of the area, as well as about wildlife and vegetation. The horses are originally wild horses from Arizona and I had one with the name “Top Notch”, a great and well trained horse, as was the horse my daughter was given. We enjoyed every minute of this long trail ride that took us from the ranch, to the San Fernando Valley side of the mountain range, to a scenic viewpoint, overlooking the Hollywood sign, back to the ranch. For those readers who are beginners as concerns horseback riding one should maybe add that after two hours on the saddle you know you have muscles you did not think you had, so one hour would be sufficient. But if you are a biker, the exercise is similar. This was a memorable experience and we will definitely do this again next time in LA!

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Having never been on a horse I was a bit apprehensive about this but it was such a great experience. The views you get from the trail are absolutely amazing and the people and horses are so nice. It's also not that far from the Hollywood walk of fame.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We read no reviews prior to our surprise decision. And well worth it, it was!! There were 3 of us (adults), and we arrived around 11am, and we were processed quickly. The horses are changed in between tours, although my trusty steed was a tad sweaty! Tours run approximately every hour, and the staff were great. Parking was a bit of a bother, but if one is patient, a spot will will soon become available in the street leading up to the sand path leading up to Sunset Ranch. Everyone wears a helmet, no one may carry a bag (which are kept safely in the office for the duration). Cameras fine. Also, the guides take photos whilst you are riding, which is great. The guides offer a mine of information about the area .... And then lo and behold the HOLLYWOOD sign. Loved it! Don't forget to offer (recommended by them) a tip at then dof your tour.