“Great way to spend an Afternoon”

Sunset Ranch Hollywood
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour LA on horseback: saddle up and ride over the ridge into Burbank, have a Mexican meal and ride back to the stables by moonlight.
Marietta, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great way to spend an Afternoon”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The ride was great (we did the one hour, which was plenty) and the staff were very friendly. It was a really smoggy day so the views were not great. Best view of the Hollywood sign was on the drive to the park entrance. Make sure to schedule some time to hike the park as well. Leave time also to find parking - there isn't a lot of it so you may have to park away from the entrance and hike up. Also bring cash to tip your guide!

Visited August 2012
3 Thank MerryBanker

Boston
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fantastic views of LA”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We did the 2-hour ride with two adults and two 14-year olds and had a great time. LA had recordbreaking heat, but we booked a ride from 9am-11am before temps heated up too much. Our guide was excellent and very knowledgeable about Griffith Park and LA. You'll get the best views of the Hollywood sign and LA county from the riding trails high up in the park. There were many hikers on the dusty roads. We were glad to be on horseback rather than on foot. For much of the ride, the horses walk along the edge of some fairly steep hillside trails. I did not mind it, but if you are afraid of heights you might not enjoy the ride. The one thing that surprised me was that the ranch did not provide any water for the riders -- not even for purchase. Make sure you bring your own water as it can get quite hot. Overall, I would definitely recommend this tour as the best way to explore Griffith Park.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank JDBytheSeaBoston
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“New and Fun Way To Explore”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

My horse was boomer! He was definately a naughty one he ran off the trail but lucky me I knew how to horse ride and control him and bring him back he was tired after, it is a bit boring but great views and fun!

Visited June 2012
London
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Nice Relaxing Ride, Great Views”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Did the 1-hour ride as they recommended that instead of a 2-hour ride after telling them that I was a beginner. Just most recently went at the Grand Canyon two years ago and then about 28 years before that. The horse does walk right at the edge of the trail where there is a big drop. I felt at ease as they told me that he will walk along the edge. Trace was my guide and he was a great guide. He was very knowledgeable about horses and the area. My horse was Sundance and he was a great horse to ride. Got up to the top and there were some great views; especially of the city and the Hollywood sign. The staff were very courteous and helpful. Would definitely visit again.

Visited May 2012
6 Thank Curt A
Mke
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

This was so much fun! We enjoyed seeing the hollywood sign from the horseback vantage point. This was a fun afternoon. We would do it again next time we're in L.A. We did have some trouble catching a cab back to our hotel though. Entrance is at the bottom of a big hill in deep into a residential area. I recommend car rental or know your bus stops if you're visiting here. Definitely worth the trip though!

Visited April 2012