“Find what you want/need here.”

LA Fashion District
Book In Advance
More Info
$125.00*
and up
Los Angeles Ride to the Beach
Ranked #130 of 612 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: The LA Fashion District is a 100 block district in downtown Los Angeles and is the hub of the West Coast apparel industry. It caters to the wholesale and retail communities, with apparel and accessories for the entire family, textiles, flowers, live/work lofts, and restaurants. It is home to Santee Alley, an outdoor shopping bazaar, and notable showrooms such as the California Market Center, Cooper Building, New Mart where annual LA Fashion Markets, LA Fashion Week, and other industry related tradeshows happen. Art is omnipresent in the LA Fashion District and as part of downtown's Gallery Row, the Fashion District is home to several art galleries that hos an eclectic mix of artists throughout the year, including the monthly Art Walk.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was looking for a dress for my son's wedding this fall. I had a color and style in mind but did not want to order a dress online. Went to LA Fashion District and found the perfect dress and it was less than online. You can find almost anything in the fashion district.

7  Thank Susan R
"apparel"
"tijuana"
"study"

Reviewed March 20, 2013

A friend of mine, who has been going to the Fashion District for 10 years, guided me through it recently. I brought cash so I could better negotiate with the vendors. Many are willing to give you a deal, so don't be afraid to ask. The worst thing they can do is say "no". We went on a Saturday morning/early afternoon and it wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be. Many vendors were eager to help me find what I was looking for so I didn't have to waste my time looking when I knew what I wanted. We had a great time at O.K. Mike's on Santee, which carries very unique women's clothing. The salesman in there was a stitch. It's worth going just to watch him interact with customers. The food is also part of the experience. Right outside of the shop was a hot dog vendor-ginormous bacon-wrapped hot dogs grilled in front of you. Grilled onions, fresh pico de gallo with avocado, chiles, etc. A must try! So delicious! The Food Court is a good place to find a clean bathroom. If you buy something at the food court you can show your receipt to use the bathroom for free, so keep your receipt all day in case you need to come back. Bathrooms are scarce in the District. I got to experience cherry rice while visiting the Food Court. We brought with us a cart on wheels so we could put water bottles in it as well as our purchases. It made shopping all day so much easier!

6  Thank Denise A
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was not at all what I was expecting. I expected high class shops but in fact I didn't see any. There are a lot of budget-type shops that close really early so we didn't get the chance to even browse at things (but I don't have a feeling that we missed out on anything). A lot of low quality stock and touristy junk. And area seemed really dangerous.

1  Thank Maja M
Reviewed March 14, 2013

great for the whole family and visiting relatives. best time is early in the day. great shopping experience.do not come when it is hot .

3  Thank Robert T