“Apart from the photo police - great!”
Review of Pantages Theatre

and up
Hollywood Boulevard Walking Tour
Ranked #19 of 590 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Opened in 1930 by a vaudeville magnate, the interior of this famous theater is one of the most stunning examples of high ornate Art Deco architecture in Los Angeles.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

As a couple of Brits visiting LA, we went to the Pantages Theatre to see Rain - a better than average Beatles tribute band (all the shows at this theatre are rather mainstream and middle-brow). The real draw though, was the theatre itself, a must-see pinnacle of art deco splendour and exuberance. The lighting, acoustics and sightlines are excellent, but while they allow photos in the lobby, they employ a lot of annoying little twerps to stop you taking photos in the main auditorium (fair enough during the show, but what's the harm otherwise?). As with most LA attractions, the staff were unfriendly, vapid and insincere, and unless you get to the rest-rooms pronto during the interval you're stuffed. Worth it for the decor, but the management and staff need work.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

You pop out right in front of the Pantages when you take the Red Line. Lots of great restaurant choices within walking distance. Then walk into the most beautiful theater with great acoustics

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Great venue. Has wonderful shows. I've seen quite a few of the shows held there...and loved them all...with the exception of Peter Pan.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I recently went to a production of beauty and the beast here. Very intimate pretty theatre and I'd have to say there are really no bad seats. The only time I had trouble seeing was because of the cut out trellis and the actor being at the top of the stairs I'm sure that isn't a problem in other productions. My only problem really is that they spent tons on a renovation and they are so annoying about the no photo policy. I mean fine don't let me take pictures of the plays but before it starts really threating people to delete their photos who were just taking a picture of themselves in the seats big deal. And whats wrong that you don't want pics of our chandelier out there. Sorry they were a bit over the top about the photo policy, during the play they were running thru the place yelling at people. It was annoying, otherwise I great night

1  Thank Darin_and_Christi
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Been a while, but I always check what is coming up at Pantages. Convenient enough location in Hollywood. Greatest regret is not getting to see King & I there years ago.