“Terrific old theater”

and up
Hollywood Boulevard Walking Tour
Ranked #21 of 610 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Opened in 1930 by a vaudeville magnate, the interior of this famous theater is one of the most stunning examples of high ornate Art Deco architecture in Los Angeles.
Reviewed October 26, 2012

When you walk in you know right away it is a very special place. The lobby is ornate and the theater itself is cool as well. Try to sit in the orchestra seats; while they are a bit more expensive they are well worth it.

All reviews
in 57 reviews
"parking"
in 163 reviews

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Well my experience started by parking in a $10 lot directly in front of the theater. I have never had an occasion where I park my car and hand my keys to a parking attendant so that was new. As I had hoped, when I returned everything was as I left it so no complaints there. The theater itself is a piece of art inside, absolutely stunning architecture. I suggest you get there as early as humanly possible. We showed up at the last possible second due to the fact we were on Hollywood blvd and lost track of time sight seeing. And doing so we were stuck in a monster crowd of people trying to fight their way to their seats. Sitting down I felt like no matter where you sit its a great view. We were there to see the "Book of Mormon" and it was fantastic. Part of that is always the venue and I have no complaints. But I did find that there was zero percent chance of using the restroom during the intermission unless I ran. The men's restroom had a line 15 people long so I gave up that hope. Wanting to view the merchandise I look to the main lobby for the booth only to find a sea of people that you couldn't put a piece of paper between. Both minor things that are overlooked as long as the main part of your experience was good. Which it was, I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the Pantages theater and would gladly return on the basis that they have a show that is not available to me in my area.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is one of the best venues to see a play. Every seat I have sat in has had a nice view (even in the balcony) and good acoustics. The architecture is awesome!!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is a HUGE theatre, and it is in GREAT shape. Beautiful decor. Many places to eat in the area. Walk of fame area. Seeing a show here is an event.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The theatre is so old and well maintained that it's an experience just to be inside it. The seats are all still very comfortable and the design is something you can marvel at in between acts. They're the only place in town where you can see Broadway shows like they are meant to be seen without the muss and fuss of the Music Center downtown. The Frolic Room next door keeps it authentic feeling as well and it's right across the street from the subway stop on Hollywood & Vine- could it get any easier?