“Overwhelming Amounts of Hollywood Memorabelia”

The Hollywood Museum
Book In Advance
More Info
$72.00*
and up
Hollywood Explorer Pass
Ranked #45 of 581 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: The Hollywood Museum, the official museum of Hollywood located in the Historic Max Factor Building, spotlights the Legends of Hollywood with the most extensive collection of authentic Hollywood memorabilia in the World. The museum features four floors of breathtaking exhibits and is the home of more than 10,000 authentic Showbiz Treasures, one-of-a-kind costumes, props, photographs, scripts and vintage collectibles from favorite movies and TV shows. The Hollywood Museum is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I imagine some guests can walk through this museum in no time at all, as for me, I have been 3 times and still learn new things and see new props or costumes and every time I go, I plan hours to spend here. Originally Max Factor Studios, where Max himself would make up such celebrities as Elizabeth Taylor, Marilyn Monroe, Lucille Ball (just to name a few) in rooms that were specific to their skin and hair colors. Today, those rooms still exist, but the museum itself is full of all sorts of Awesome Hollywood costumes and props and exhibits. LOVE this place.

2  Thank breeanna1967

Reviewed January 17, 2012

I had a Go L.A. pass, so I decided to stop in and see the museum. It was a nice quick stop with a lot of artifacts. The second floor was closed, so I didn't get to see it all, but what I did see was fun. If you have the pass, go see it, but if not, you may want to pass.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

This is one of the best museums in Los Angeles. It is filled with interesting history. My favorite part is the basement where I got to be on the actual set of Silence of the Lambs. Really awesome!!!

1  Thank Puppetgirldotnet
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I wish we had more than a few hours to spend in this great little museum. It was one of the few places at hollywood and highland that wasn't packed. Our group is fascinated by movie stars (Marilyn, Judy Garland, Lucille Ball, etc.) and so it was definitely worth it for us. Marilyn Monroe's limo is there (plus a whole Marilyn Room!), along with the picture of just about every movie star from the 30's to the 70's, and tons and tons of memorabilia. We even saw one of Judy Garland's pairs of red ruby slippers from Wizard of Oz. It's actually in the old MAX FACTOR building and so it is beautiful to look at from the outside as well as the inside. You can see the rooms where Marilyn became a blonde, Lucy became a redhead, etc. and while we were there it was decorated for Christmas. I felt rushed because we only had 2 hours to spend before closing time, so I'd recommend giving yourself a few hours if you truly want to read and see everything. My husband's favorite part was the scary-movie related stuff downstairs - Hannibal Lecter's cell, etc. He met the gentleman who had designed and created some of the very sets and props we were looking at! I'll go back next time I am in Hollywood - little pricier than expected for a ticket but worth it for movie or movie starr buffs.

3  Thank BingoSonoma
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Less visited that many other attractions in LA, this little museum is worth a visit especially if you have the tourist card.