“superb”

Ranked #6 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Douglas, United Kingdom
“superb”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Stayed four nights on recent trip, upgraded with my Centurion Amex to an Executive Suite. Hotel valet and check in, very fast and efficient, always smiling and welcoming. Rooms are lovely, pool although quite small and loses Sun late afternoon is very modern and relaxed with great sofas, magazines etc. etc. Club Lounge is very nice, big area with really nice couches to slouch and relax on. Staff in lounge very nice and ultra friendly. Heaps of bacon for breakfast in lounge, my favourite!

Room Tip: Make sure your on club level!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 2, 2014

This hotel is beautiful and near the downtown area where you can shop, catch a movie, the staple center. It is centered right downtown and near the most attractive restaurants. You will totlally enjoy your stay there and will be well rested and relaxed.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX
Reviewed September 1, 2014

I was in town for a friend's birthday party (which was held at a different downtown hotel). I travel every week for work, but used Marriott points on this stay to treat myself. The Ritz treated me as if I had booked an entire floor and prepaid with cash! I was entirely spoiled by this hotel and their staff for my entire stay. The room is beautiful, the view fantastic, the bed very comfy, the hotel quiet. Everything is luxurious and the car valet is fast. The room could have cooled down a little better (it was a warm weekend, and I could only get the room down to about 72--and the bathroom was warmer than that. I like it about 68--70 degrees). But that's the only thing I can complain about (ok, well, those mini-bars where, if you move something, you get charged...no where to chill my protein drink).
I loved the location--yes, Downtown LA is not a place you set off on foot to sight-see. But the hotel is in the LA Live complex, which has a Starbucks, the Grammy Museum, and some good casual restaurants (Tom's--the tacos were great).
I would (and WILL) return in a New York second to stay at this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2014

This hotel shares the same building and some facilities, e.g. bars and a restaurant with the JW Marriott. The Ritz-Carlton is quite small with very helpful staff and well-appointed rooms. They have a great view. But... Downtown Los Angeles is best avoided unless you have to be there for work. It is pretty seedy and a far cry from Beverley Hills and the smarter parts of LA. We had a minor problem with our Nespresso not being replenished but the night manager took personal charge and resolved the problem without delay. In summary it is a very nice hotel in a not very salubrious area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank woodstock1721
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at many Ritz hotels and have always received great service. This time was no exception and was the best we have ever experienced! We recently traveled to California and we were going to spend one night in Los Angeles. The Ritz was located centrally to where we would be visiting. The guest relations manager, Ashley Weed, contacted us before our arrival. Once she figured out the goals of our trip, she went above and beyond In making our stay as wonderful as possible. There were surprises waiting for my son and daughter that made the entire trip special. The staff provided directions and tips that made getting around town as easy as possible. The food was great and the room was incredibly comfortable. We did not want to leave. Although more expensive, the next hotel we stayed in during this trip was nowhere near as good as the Ritz. We will definitely stay there again when we return to the area.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank SergioAinSA
Visalia, CA
Reviewed August 24, 2014

From the moment we arrived we were treated as if we were their only guests! Valet offered to charge my Tesla at the onsite Blink charging station and even stuck around until 4:30AM to make sure that it was disconnected from the charger when charging was complete! Ashley, in Client Relations made sure that everything was perfect for us upon arrival! We were there for a Dodger game and a few hours before the game a plate of gourmet goodies arrived at our door complete with a handmade Dodger cookie! We were offered champagne right at check-in! Our bags were immediately brought up to our room, ice was already in the bucket even! Room temp was perfect as well. The magic of the Ritz is simple, anticipation. They anticipate your each and other whim! They know what you need before you even realize you need it! With only a 132 rooms they have seem to have a ratio of 10 staff members for each guest! Absolutely the way that a 1st class hotel should be ran!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brian N
Reggie D, Hotel Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles, responded to this review, September 16, 2014
Brian N,

I cannot thank you enough for your feedback. Our Team go to great lengths to create a memorable Ritz- Carlton experience to our guests, and I am truly happy we were able to create one for you during your visit with us. Ashley is a great asset to my team, and it makes me very proud that she was able to take care of you. I hope to welcome you back again to our property in the near future!

All the best..
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed August 23, 2014

We're familiar with the Ritz and this one did not disappoint. From check-in to check-out, the Ritz makes us feel at home and very comfortable! Very courteous staff, attentive valet, and hotel cleanliness perfect! Always get the access to the Club lounge - a nice respite place!
Is it worth the cost? - absolutely!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank delmundov
Dear delmundov,

Thank you for your feedback!! I am so happy to hear we were able to make you feel at home and comfortable. I'm also glad you enjoy our Club Lounge. We certainly strive to take care of our guests, and I am thankful our staff was able to take care of you.

Hope to welcome you back to stay with us again in the future!

Take care..
Luxe City Center Hotel
Luxe City Center Hotel
#41 of 351 in Los Angeles
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles? Share your experiences!