“Great location..awesome service”

The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles
Ranked #6 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Every ritz has high standards of service, and this one meets or exceeds. We were there for 3 days. Access to LALive and the area is wonderful.
Access to the nest is great for a late night visit to see the skyline..

One more thing. I always order at least 1 room service prep. They go all out to make your experience one of a kind.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gdaum3n
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles

Reviewed February 28, 2014

My stay at this hotel was amazing! What I loved most about it, beyond the amazing views, service property, amenities and food, was the feel of a luxury apartment. The room was huge with a very nicely decorated and modern bathroom. I had a corner room on the 22nd floor and it was heavenly. The pillows were like clouds! This hotel has a roof deck pool that is pure Hollywood glam. Very trendy and chic with views of la in the direction of the Hollywood sign. The gym is also a plus with a number of good exercise equipment nicely spaced and not at all cramped. The service was ritz Carlton royal and every staff member on point. I have always stayed at the Beverly Hills four seasons in the past but now I have discovered a new home!

Room Tip: Spend the upgrade to get a corner view. You will not be disappointed!
2  Thank Brookeburke
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We recently stayed at the Ritz-Carlton in the LA Live complex as part of an overnight trip to the convention center, and it was an overall pleasant experience. The rooms are clean and nicely outfitted, the bathroom is AMAZING, and the front desk staff couldn't have been nicer.

We also had access to the club lounge, and it was one of the nicer club lounges I've visited. The staff there was extremely attentive and patient with the small child in our group, and there was an overwhelming amount of choices for refreshments. We felt very spoiled.

The only issue we had was with our tub, which wouldn't hold water. While an engineer did finally come up to fix the problem, it took almost an hour and three calls to various staff people to make that happen. That was a surprise, considering the exemplary service we received everywhere else.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

2  Thank R D
Reggie D, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank youu for your taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. I am thrilled that everyone you came in contact with at the Club Lounge and Front Desk were friendly, courteous, and helpful. I love to hear when members of our staff go above and beyond to make our guests feel spoiled and special.

Thank you for the feedback on the bathtub. Please know that our Engineering team will make it a priority to fix the issue.

Again, thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I had a great stay at the Ritz Carlton Los Angeles. The service was great, especially the Front Office Manager. She heard me say I was going to the movies and immediately gave me a free movie ticket!

Rooms are spacious, clean and nice. All the staff was perfect. I even had dinner at the WG24 restaurant and it was great. I recommend the Peking Duck!

I have stayed at all of the 5 star hotels in LA. As far as I am concerned, this is the place to stay in LA!

1  Thank ufmrocks

Thank you for the great feedack. I was glad to hear the team took great care of you, and will share your comments with them. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stayed at the Ritz while in town for George Strait concert at the Staple Center. Friendly, helpful staff, perfect location. Had a driver take us to LAX on Sunday, he was sociable and efficient. Can not think of anything I would have changed. Thanks LA & The Ritz for a great weekend!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank ntxnightnurse
Reviewed February 9, 2014

It just does not work, the new Residence Inn opening next door will surely be nicer. The valet parking guys lacked a clue about taking my car. The room layout is dysfunctional and lighting poor. The shower is a disaster as is the sink. Closet is small. Even the TV guide does not match the actual channels. Who designed this place? As a gold marriott rewards guy, I expected way more....

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CWinstin
Reggie D, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you for your candid and constructive review. We greatly value your insight and have taken the opportunity to share your comments with our Engineering Team. It is our goal to exceed every guest's expectation and provide luxurious hotel accommodations.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Had the pleasure of staying at the Ritz in Downtown L.A. this past week for business. The staff was friendly and very helpful and didn't grobble in the expectation of a tip like those in similarly priced hotels...So I hook 'em UP!

Although expensive..meaning I would not stay if it were not on the company expense; the proximity to Staples, L.A. Live and Nokia theatre are a plus. There are plenty of good eaten' places near by and even a huge movie theatre to pass time. Although it is in downtown L.A..... the cops do a good job of keeping the ghetto element in check! thank you LAPD.

Overall this Hotel was really nice, friendly and helpful when you needed it!

Room Tip: It depends what you want to look at from your window...Google map the location.. its either the free...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
#7 of 353 in Los Angeles
JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE
Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles? Share your experiences!