“The perfect hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 347 Hotels in Los Angeles
Ellicottville, New York
“The perfect hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

This place is really great -- the staff are what really make the difference. Even before you check in they do whatever they can to make your stay perfect. The hotel itself is located at the LA Live complex which is a really nice area downtown. Plenty of things within walking distance such as the Staples Center, Nokia Theater and the Convention Center. There is no shortage of restaurants in the area either, and a Starbucks right outside of the hotel. The rooms are beautiful and well appointed, and the pool area is one of the nicest I've ever seen. The rooms below are part of the JW Marriott hotel that has a lot of shared amenities you can use if you're staying at the Ritz, and the rooms above the hotel are Ritz-Carlton residences which are, from looking into them from the pool, extremely nice. This is a great option for downtown LA.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Broctoon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Polish first
Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

My Christmas present was tickets to a Lakers game and a night at the Ritz Carlton overlooking the Staples Center. The hotel was fabulous: a great corner room in the sky, with a suite feeling, and a television in the bathroom mirror!. Staff was helpful in the extreme, and the rooftop pool happily exposing us to the winter sun. The location is one of its best features, debouching into the L.A. Live entertainment center, always pulsing with events, good food and happy folks. Pricey, but perfect for a special night.

Room Tip: Go for the corner rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Last year we checked into the Ritz Carlton Hotel located on 900 West Olympic Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90015 on August 11, 2012. Upon arrival we drove to the front entrance door and waited for someone to help us with luggage and valet parking but no one showed up so my partner and I decided to drop me off with the luggage at the front door. After struggling carrying all the luggage to the front desk, I asked where is everyone and how come the bell man was just standing inside the lobby watching me carrying the luggage without offering any help. An apology was given quickly and the concierge singled the bell man to help, little I knew what was coming my way next.

On August 13, 2012 we checked out, we packed all of our luggage and I placed my new Rolex watch back in its box and placed it in my Handbag which I keep with me at all times because it holds all of my valuables, I called valet parking to bring the car to the front and we went downstairs to check out but this time the same bell man was waiting at the lobby to help us with the luggage.

The bell man was eager to help this time and while I opened my handbag to check out our next trip information to San Diego, I placed my handbag on top of the big luggage at the same time my partner was calling on me with a question, in less than a minute I turn around and both luggage were gone so I run outside to see both bags being loaded inside the trunk of the car and the bell man assuring me that all bags are safe inside the car, I handed him a $20 tip and we take off to San Diego. We arrive at our next destination but right after we opened the trunk I realized my handbag was open. We checked into our room and the first thing I noticed my Rolex box was gone with my watch inside it.

I immediately called the Ritz hotel and explained what happened asking to also check our room in case I dropped off the box there. They said they will, and they did call me back in few hours to tell me nothing was found and there is nothing they can do if I did not actually see anyone taken it.

A couple of days passed and I after I got over my shock, I remembered that the box was indeed inside my bag whenI last opened my handbag in the lobby because my hand touched the hard box and I remember feeling the actual box so I called back the hotel security but this time they were much less eager to help and wanted nothing to do with it. I was told there is nothing they can do and to feel free to sue the hotel if I like.

So, I word of caution: never lose sight of your luggage and be very worry checking into this hotel.

Best of luck,

Basil

Room Tip: Don't check in.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
15 Thank Basil H
Canterbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I travelled to LA and New York just before christmas and stayed for 2 nights at the Ritz-Carlton. We chose this hotel because of the location. From checking in to leaving this was the best hotel I have experienced. The staff were so helpful and very polite. The room was spotless and I couldnt fault it at all. The staff went out of their way to make sure our stay was as best as possible. I would go back to this hotel without a doubt. Thanks You!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

i stayed here because its attached to staples center and i had many events there over afew days. this hotel is the luxury level i prefer to stay in. the bed alone compared to the marriott next door was night and day. Ritz Carlton had a great fluffy bed and pillows. the room was warm and cozy with nice views. i felt as home as possible.

while my stay wasn't perfect -some very minor issues, the management was perfect and they fixed any issues . i will also say we were here during music award show and the hotel was loaded with divas so the hotel staff im sure was very busy with their requests, for example j lo was next door to me.

club lounge is extraordinary.

id stay here again WP24 WAS A GREAT EATING EXPERIENCE.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NewYorkJack99
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

From the upgrade at check-in, to the amazing city views both in the room and WP24, this hotel is world-class. The proximity to Staples is great and makes for a wonderful experience. It is everything that you have come to expect from a Ritz!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Carlos G
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We spent our wedding night here and were treated to a complimentary upgrade to our room, a handwritten welcome letter and chocolate-dipped fruit treats. In spite of the fact that this hotel is way over our budget in any other situation, the staff was very friendly and polite at all times; much in contrast with other hotels at lower price points that pretend to be chic and cool. The views from the room were fantastic, especially at night. We ordered breakfast in our room and the food and service was excellent. It was an unforgettable experience and we'll be back for our anniversary!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple