“Loved it!”

Cross street: Grand Ave
Santa Ana, California
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

Our friend lives in Luma, and we were @ Nokia for a show, so we all walked over to Cork Bar on a Saturday night. It was 10pm and were surprised to see it less than half full. Nevertheless, we went in and I'm so glad we did! The service was good (considering there was only one waitress), the food was great, and the wine even better. We had a cheese board, charcuterie board, mac and cheese, and bone marrow. The three of us shared a bottle of Orin Swift's The Prisoner wine, and wow.....it was so smooth! I truly hope that we stumbled on it on a quiet night, and that it's usually busier than that. I'd hate for a gem like this to go out of business. I can't wait to go back!

Visited October 2011

Los Angeles, California
“Watch out for the Morgan Chardonnay trick”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

The menu has two Morgan chardonnays. I thought I was ordering the $9 glass (they don't fill their glasses) and was charged $15 a glass. When I brought it up to the bartender he acted like a wine snob and said "no one orders the $9 glass." I said "well I did and if you have two Morgan chards, you should ask which one they want because I didn't notice the other Morgan chardonnay." To which he replied, "I hope you enjoyed your free upgrade."

• Visited October 2011
The Colony, Texas
“cool little place but pricey for what you get”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2011

service was really good, my glass was never empty. The average price of wine is 12$. Food is really good but very small portions andover priced for what you get. 15$ for 3 pork sliders is insane, especially at happy hour. Seems a big singles hangout and it is just a couple blocks from staples and nokia. We parked across the st for 5$ and walked over to Nokia theatre. I recommend you walk a couple of blocks then to pay 20$ to be across the st. from these venues. Go with a full wallet because you will need it.

• Visited January 2011
Santa Monica, CA
“Good food and wine, but poor happy hour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2010

I stopped in with a couple friends for happy hour on a Thursday evening - 5-6ish.
We enjoyed the wine we got, especially the house pinot noir, and all of the food we ordered was pretty tasty though nothing special (mac and cheese, veggie sandwich, beet salad...) but the HH prices on these items were pretty steep. I don't consider $8 to be a happy hour price for a glass of wine, but that was the deal. I think they must be trying to make rent, as the place looked new.
We wouldn't have gone if we'd have read on their website that their HH price for wine was $8; after looking at their site again I saw that they don't give prices for HH wines. If you have more money, sure, I would recommend this place, but as a student, I'd go elsewhere first.
Also the place was dead when we walked in and only a couple more small groups and pairs trickled in by 6:30.