“best tapas since Spain”

Cross street: Gardner
Montreal, Canada
“best tapas since Spain”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

the food is high quality, the wine choice match the tapas, last time I had tapas this good was in Spain.

• Visited June 2012

Soest, The Netherlands
“High quality Tapas with the wine to match”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Eating at the Vinoteque on Melrose was simply an adventure for the palet. Highly recommended.

Visited July 2011
Los Angeles, California
“The restaurant serves a french fusion version of tapas.”
Reviewed December 5, 2010

I've been wanting to try Vinoteque ever since it appeared on Groupon. I actually didn't have any wine (although they had some good deals on tastings, maybe next time). The restaurant serves a french fusion version of tapas. It's a very casual and chill place with a very nice outdoor patio seating area.

I would definitely recommend the sweet potato fries (comes with a spicy ketchup), chorizo, arugula salad, kobe beef sliders, pork belly (very very rich and fatty) and the panna cotta dessert. The goat cheese stuffed lamb meatballs and tomato heirloom salad were alright. I didn't try the skirt steak or the blueberry cobbler, but my friends inhaled them so fast I would assume they were excellent. Overall I give this place a 7 out of 10.

Los Angeles, California
“Tapas are good, but not worth the price”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Let me start by saying that I went to this place not realizing it was a tapas "bar". I was anticipating a full entree-d style dinner and was quite disappointed when I realized what I thought were impressively low-priced items were, in fact, over priced appetizers.

That being said, all the menu items I tried were very tasty. My mother was visiting and I wanted to take her out and saw Vinoteque on the dineLA site (this was the primary reason I assumed it would have a full dinner menu, dineLA advertises 3 course meals of an appetizer, entree, and dessert for a prix fix price). We ordered three dishes: the sweet potato fries, Alaskan halibut, and flank steak.

The sweet potato fries were sensational! Crisp and not too greasy with just the right amount of salt and parsley. The halibut was also very tasty, if on the small side. It was accompanied by an egg-sized portion of eggplant. The flank steak came with regular fries and was ordered medium-rare, but it was closer to the rare side and very red. Still the meat was well seasoned and relatively tender. The regular fries weren't anything special, neither particularly good or bad.

The service was average, with a server who checked in on us once and a bus-"girl" who refilled our water glasses without needing to be called on. There is an extensive wine selection and pricing is fair. If they have to open a bottle, they require you have at least 2 glasses from that bottle. They price every glass at 1/3 of the bottle price and open bottles are then put on a communal table for anyone in the restaurant to choose for a single glass.

Overall, I was impressed with the quality of the food, but felt that the prices are a bit steep.