“Great organic, vegan, raw food!!!!”
Review of SunCafe Organic

SunCafe Organic
Reserve with OpenTable
SunCafe Organic is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #351 of 9,953 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lankershim Exit off the I-101 N
Description: SunCafe is an exciting and healthy organic eatery. We are a full service dining, sit-down, destination located in Studio City, CA, just steps away from Hollywood, Universal Studios and many major movie studios. We offer many vegan, gluten-free and raw food options. Despite our healthy focus, our first and foremost aspiration is to offer delicious and crave-worthy cuisine.
Colorado
“Great organic, vegan, raw food!!!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband is not any of this...and he totally enjoyed his meal. I had a mushroom soup oh my!!! They had cooking classes on Sat. I am so signing up. The food was great and our waitress took the time to explain or answer any question, it was just fabulous!!!2

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank mgmpg

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“GREAT HEALTHY FOOD & PERFECT SERVICE”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

WE LIKED & LOVED - THE FOOD: The scrumptious Kale Shake, kale salad, mushroom soup, & sun burger. Each was absolutely delicious. My husband is somewhat of a Meatnik, & he still loved the fresh, veggie-based offerings. MENU: Fair amount of lunch options made deciding hard; few dinner options on the menu, however. WAIT STAFF: Forgot the name of ours; long dark hair/bangs/tutu, 01/18/12. Couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. She really went above & beyond! WAIT TIME: Minimal. PORTIONS: Good/fair. PRESENTATION: Good/average. PRICES: Reasonable overall, & as expected for this area. PREFERENCES: Multiple ordering options, eg, sharing a shake; raw bread & other choices throughout the menu. PLACE: Very casual; small yet comfortable with al fresco dining as well. BONUS: It was all healthful eating!
& NOT SO MUCH - Just one restroom down a short hall, I think, though it was very clean~*

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank PoppyPrisha
Sydney, Australia
“One of my favourites for flavour but...”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I'm just so sorry that we were on such a tight schedule to have to try three raw restaurants in one day but we did and I'm not sorry one bit! Having just driven from Santa Monica and dining at Euphoria loves Rawvolution only three hours earlier, it was a bit of a stretch to decide what to have from the comprehensive menu at SunCafe. We opted for the Lettuce leaf Tacos, the Sweet Kale Shake and a piece of Key Lime Pie with Cashew Creme. I am so glad we did. Staff was wonderful in receiving us and explaining the menu. Unfortunately I did want to use a restroom before dining, alas not. No restroom and none in the vicinity available apparently. Odd, I thought.

On with the food, then.. The flavours were intense and the freshness was wonderful. Items were served with care and looked appetising. Loved the pie. Others had wandered in for a kale shake to go and on tasting it, I was transported to Nirvana. I swear I have never tasted a shake or smoothie, healthy or otherwise this good. Honestly, it rivalled chocolate easily! I can see why they said it was an award winner (only after I had ordered it, not before so cudos to them for their modesty and not pushing items)! The first thing I did on my return home was enter the kitchen (my lab!) and recreate this fabulous drink. I'm proud to say I have and can now be pacified whenever I please. No wonder people swing by the cafe for one! Totally addictive!

So with the food and bev being excellent the only issues I had were the lack of restroom and the colours of the walls etc were startling to say the least. I do understand that it's SUNcafe but it reminded me of the hungry orange colours used in 1970's fast food joints - get em in, get em out. At least that is the effect it had on me.. otherwise excellent. I'll definitely return here. If this is local to you, half your luck! Just make sure you visit a restroom first..

• Visited April 2012
Miami
“Delicious”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I'm not a vegan, nor even a vegetarian, nor a raw foodie, but I felt like having something healthy. They're taquitos were delicious, their ice cream amazing and the guy behind the counter super cute. I definitely recommend this place.

Visited September 2012
Palermo, Italy
“Vegetarian organic nutrition”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This is a must do when in the los angeles area. It's somewhat out of the area, but if you can get around definitely try it. The service is good and the location is nice. One of the must haves in this cafe is their juice beverages. They make it themselves with fresh produce. The drinks are wholesome and refreshing - great to get you on your way or simply take a break from a hectic day.

• Visited August 2012