“Excellent tour of Hollywood”

Architecture Tours L.A.
Ranked #9 of 251 Tours in Los Angeles
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We went on Laura's downtown tour on our first visit to LA 18 months ago and liked it so much we went for another one this time. We did the Hollywood tour and had a fascinating insight into this important neighbourhood. We started at the beautiful Pantages Theatre and wended our way by car into Hollywoodland and Los Feliz. We stopped at the Griffith Park Observatory - probably the best view of the city - and saw three Frank Lloyd Wright houses. Laura was insightful about the architecture and the state of contemporary LA and we had a thoroughly enjoyable morning. Highly recommended for visitors to get an overview of this sprawling city.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is my second tour with Architecture Tours L.A. - and this time we chose Pasadena. It was beautiful Sunday morning which made it perfect for gliding through the treelined streets of Pasadena. We saw many magnificent homes and heard such interesting stories about the architects who designed them, as well as stories of some of the residents and the city itself. The intimate group made it easy to interact with Laura, who happily answered all questions. There was a perfectly timed restroom break at the beautiful Langham Hotel. The people at the hotel knew Laura and ushered us straight in! The vehicle was clean and comfortable. I'll be back!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Laura is very knowledgeable about the history of Los Angeles and its architectural development. She explains the social history of the buildings including the architects, who the homes were built for, how the homes reflect the historical development of the community, and also preservation concerns. Laura is very friendly, accommodating, and happy to answer questions. My husband and I went on the Hancock Park tour many years ago and I I make it a point to go on Laura's other tours when I am visiting Los Angeles. I highly recommend Laura's tours if you are visiting LA. Even if you have been here and seen the tourist attractions, Laura's tours will give you a new view of the city.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I've lived in Los Angeles most of my life but knew little of the Silver Lake area and its wonderful architecture. Laura is very knowledgeable, comprehensive, and enjoyable to speak and spend time with. She gave us a wonderful tour and I will definitely participate in her other ones.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I love Laura's tours! I live in LA and have gone on seven of the eight tours Laura currently offers. She is extremely knowledgeable about the architecture, urban development, and communities that make up metropolitan LA. Laura makes the tours fun and enjoyable for those who have a background in architecture as well as those who are interested in seeing LA from a different perspective. I have gone on tours with friends who live in the city and really enjoyed them -- great to learn about the architecture and history your own neighborhood! Laura's tours are also great if you have guest visiting either to go with them on the tour or even arrange for them to take a tour while you are busy with work.