“Made my trip to LA”

Ranked #11 of 251 Tours in Los Angeles
Sydney, Australia
“Made my trip to LA”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I can't tell you how fantastic this tour was. Laura was incredibly friendly and so knowledgeable, As a visitor to LA, I also got to drive around a real suburb where I met real people. Silver lake was amazing and Laura a wonderful host. A must for anyone interested in architecture and design

Visited May 2013

Hermosa Beach, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Mid Wilshire Tour”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I've lived in LA almost all my life but Laura put a whole new perspective on it for me. She's so knowledgeable and so entertaining. This very interesting and imaginative tour is like a time machine, taking you from the LA of 1910 all the way through to the present. Wonderful morning with a very special tour guide. Very well run organization, too. Laura is a class act.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank julie_from_hb
Gainesville, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“a fantastic nearly-private tour”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was in LA on business and selected this tour after browsing many possible tours online. Not wanting to spend the afternoon gawking at celebrities, shopping, or riding Segways, I thought the Architecture Tours LA would be a great way to see a part of the city I wasn't familiar with.

The tour was led by the owner, Laura, who is an architecture history expert. We rode in her mini-van through the Silver Lake area, stopping periodically for brief walking tours, while she pointed out the most beautiful homes by some amazing architects (Frank Lloyd Wright, Richard Neutra, RM Schindler, and more). It was completely inspiring and educational. Laura's knowledge of the area was phenomenal.

If I return to LA, I would do another of Laura's tours, in a heartbeat.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank GatorMommyDoc
Los Angeles, California
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“What a FUN time!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was one of the GREAT experiences of LA! I never knew sooo many architecturally significant homes were in Los Angeles. The tour guide was so knowledgable and lots of fun. She wasn't dry. It was a terrific time.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank latool
Philadelphia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The best tour I have every had!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Recently I was in LA on a business trip. A friend of mine who knows that I love architecture, suggested I take an architecture tour and told me about Architecture Tours LA. Laura Massino Smith, the owner of Architecture Tours LA, offers several different tours - Downtown LA, Hollywood, Hancock Park, Silver Lake, Pasadena & West Hollywood / Beverly Hills. Since I was staying downtown, I decided to take the downtown tour. I have always had an interest in seeing the architecture in downtown LA but have always been busy with meetings and the thought of navigating thru the neighborhoods alone was daunting. Contacting Laura Massino Smith was very easy she arranged a meeting place and off we went. From the very beginning I was very impressed with Laura. Her van is spotless and can accommodate about 6-8 people. She was very concerned about my comfort as it was a rather warm LA day. Laura gave me a great overview of what we were going to see on the Downtown LA tour. I was aware of the incredible changes that have been going on in Downtown LA (Staples Ctr, LA Live, etc.) but to see it all first hand was a real treat. I was very impressed with the variety of the architecture and Laura is very knowledgeable. You can tell she loves her city and likes to share her vast knowledge with her guests. I can’t recommend her tours enough, what an amazing afternoon. If you have an interest in learning more about architecture and happen to find yourself in LA call Laura at Architecture Tours LA! Laura also mentioned that she has published several books with Schiffer Publishing, each book goes into detail about what she shows on the different tours. They make for a great keepsake and are very informative. I bought them all! I can’t wait to come back to LA and take all of tours offered by Laura Massino Smith at Architecture Tours LA.

Visited January 2013