Rose Bowl Motel
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$309
$286
  • Restaurant
$289
  • Pool
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$152
$181
$99
FourPoints.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$210
$360
$339
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewseagle rockroom was cleangreat locationshowerneighborhood
Reviewed July 22, 2012

They are trying to be a good hotel and it shows.

They updated the rooms (they might only have 6-12 of them) . They cleaned up the outside. They don't allow undesirables to check-in even though the price is within their reach.

However, it is still tainted with the low expectations or quality standards of its non-American owners. For example, you get the remote handed to you upon check in. The bed doesn't have a bottom fitted sheet. It has one top sheet and then the bed spread. No blanket. I don't touch the bedspreads- I toss them on the floor where they belong. So, all I had was a top sheet. The bed had just two small pillows although it was a king. Not so nice for a couple wanting to read or hang in the bed.

The a/c unit was a bit loud, but the outside sounds of the road prohibited us from keeping the window open at night.

The free breakfast was a bit of a joke. Tiny table with juice and milk in their cartons (as if they just picked them up from the store), a couple boxes of cereal (so that we don't steal/take more than we can eat?), and a couple very manufactured looking flat sweet rolls in plastic packaging. .

Wifi worked fine. No table/desk in the room because it is so small. Shower was awesome because they apparently have not yet heard of water saving showerheads.

With criticisms aside, I rate based upon how it met my expectations, and for a $57 room in L.A. on a Saturday night it was a very good deal. The guy working there was nice. Nothing too negative. Felt clean enough. Cute looking from the outside. Etc.

If this hotel was $100 property with a corporate name it would have gotten a terrible rating and a call to corporate, so keep in mind that this review is in relation to price/expectation. For a cheap nights stay with no frills and not too many disappointments, this is an awesome choice.

As an alternative you might want to look into the Crystal Inn with its much more spacious rooms for just about the same price.

Room Tip: Look at your options first.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank User_Account_4592
Reviewed July 15, 2012

A 14 rooms no name motel really makes the big chains in the dust. The room is on the small side (10x15) but has everything you will need on your small vacation or 3 day trip. It's on a main thoroughfare, but could not hear the traffic when I close my door. Nice management. I think this motel hit it out of the park!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Catkins0522
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Rose Bowl Motel while she emptied out a storage locker and packed for a move to Portland. The place was clean and quiet. Our room was small so the staff even opened up the laundry room for her bike so we could have more space.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Beth J
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My partner and I had an unexpected overnight trip to Los Angeles and needed a relatively inexpensive place to stay close to Pasadena and downtown. This Eagle Rock motel provided the ideal location and fit our low budget. While the rooms are dated, they are clean and come with flat screen televisions and free internet access. The motel also serves a limited breakfast - quite a pleasant surprise for the price. I would also complement the owners and staff for inquiring whether we needed anything and quickly provided an iron and ironing board when requested.

Room Tip: Request a room away from Colorado Blvd.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sdsailboi
Reviewed February 11, 2012

In 1965, when I moved out on my own, I rented a room at The Rose Bowl Motel. On a recent trip to L.A. (2012), I decided to stay at The Rose Bowl Motel again mostly for sentimental reasons. I stayed a week. The staff is very friendly, the room was clean, and although my room was fairly close to the street in front, it was very quiet and I slept very well. One of the coolest things is that Trader Joe's is right across the street! It is also close to access just about every freeway in the L.A. area, while being in Eagle Rock that has a small town vibe. If you're looking for a comfortable, convenient, and friendly place to stay, I would recommend the Rose Bowl Motel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business