“It's cool, I guess...”

Ranked #1 of 547 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Spectacular museum boasts a most impressive collection by such luminaries as Van Gogh, Monet and Cezanne, along with the architectural triumph of its six buildings and gardens.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Kansas City, Kansas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“It's cool, I guess...”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is a very nice facility and it's free! I guess I'm just not a huge art person, which is why I probably wasn't overwhelmed by anything. I enjoyed the history of the displays more than anything. Being the #1 rated attraction in LA, I definitely had my hopes up. I can't say my expectations were met, but that's probably not a fault of the Getty Center itself. Just my own relative lack of interest in art.

• Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A "Don't Miss" for visit to LA”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Art and architecture come together for a wonderful experience of sight, mind and spirit. For me, one day is not enough to enjoy everything. Fantastic view of LA in all directions.

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A beautiful museum ”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I love to bring my family here. However, I could come here alone just to admire the art and ambiance. It's beautiful: the art, culture, architecture, and even the view make this a wonderful place to spend the day.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Calm and relaxing environment”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Well worth a visit, not so much for the art itself but for the complete atmosphere. It has a variety of gardens and architecturally interesting spaces that also add to its art collection. Great for art/architecture lovers.

Visited October 2013
Goleta, California
“Great place for families”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Our GPS was ridiculous..i entered the address on the website and it brought us to a neighborhood!!! Luckily the neighbors were kind enough to tell us the other address which eventually lead us to the museum. He told us that he has hundreds of ppl coming everyday....HA!!!how ridiculous is that? However, the getty center is really worth visiting.