“Expensive for pizza and pasta”
Review of Bottega Louie

Bottega Louie
Ranked #4 of 233 Dessert in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Bottega Louie Restaurant, Gourmet Market & Patisserie serves fine food daily. Please accept our apologies, but we do not accept reservations. We opened our first Restaurant & Patisserie in 2009 to specialize in the fine dining, special occasion catering, gourmet products, bakery, patisserie and gifting businesses.
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

40 quid per head for a main and a bog standard bottle pf Pinot. Food was nice, but unremarkable. Pizza and pasta kitchens could not be co-ordinated. Staff were pleasant and helpful

1  Thank James J
There are newer reviews for Bottega Louie

Reviewed August 16, 2013

AMBIANCE: I felt like I was in an episode of "Sex and the City" here! The ceilings are abnormally high here and it's very spacious. It's got a trendy cafe feel to it and felt like a good place to meet up with friends after a long day at work - or for brunch. The front of their store offers a variety macarons and made me feel (for a second) like I was in Paris (never mind the dirty downtown LA drag).

FOOD: The food was good; in fact everyone I asks says everything on the menu is good. I ordered the trenne, which ended up being surprisingly tasty and fresh. The bread is ok. A bit hard for my taste. I also shared a truffle mashed potatoes with my friend that I also didn't care for. It was like the potatoes hardened after sitting there more than 5 minutes, so I didn't really enjoy it. It wasn't soft at all, nor did it taste mashed by the time I ate it. I had a taste of my friend's spaghetti pomodoro and that was good also. It had a nice touch of basil and tasted basil-ly but in a good way.

SERVICE: Excellent service! Our server Sidney was very nice and had a solid attitude, well made for serving. She was also very pretty, but then again, everyone that worked here looked like they were would-be actors and actresses. The bus boys were particularly friendly and made our stay. They grated cheese for us like they were playing instruments!

OVERALL: I would come back here again. It's reasonably priced here if you get an entree, but I can see how pricey it could get if you ordered a lot of small plates, drinks, etc. I could have sat here for hours talking to my friend if the dining room didn't get so busy( we felt guilty for taking up the space on a busy night)! Overall, good experience and well worth going to Downtown LA for.

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Desserts are the best here! Get there early the wait could be a while but its totally worth it... It's easier to get a table for lunch ;-)

Reviewed August 9, 2013

It's a beautiful place with super high and white ceilings and a nice decoration. I liked the style, loved the clean kitchen which you can see from your table and the food is very good. But what is truly annoying is that you can't hear what the person sitting beside you is saying unless everybody starts to shout. I hate to eat with such a noise. I wouldn't go back just because of that. :(

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our quest for a great place to have dinner took us to this highly-rated restaurant in Los Angeles. There was so much great stuff on the menu to treat our palates to. One nice thing there was that there were small-plate options, which makes it somewhat easier to taste a great deal of foods without emptying your wallet. Pizzas and desserts were amazing, and the macaroons are not to be missed. The only issue noticed was that reservations were not being taken, meaning a long wait when going there in the evening.