“Beautiful, Classy Eats!”

Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Bottega Louie Restaurant, Gourmet Market & Patisserie serves fine food daily. Please accept our apologies, but we do not accept reservations. We opened our first Restaurant & Patisserie in 2009 to specialize in the fine dining, special occasion catering, gourmet products, bakery, patisserie and gifting businesses.
Reviewed April 11, 2013

What a treat! Simple & elegant decor with great food! A bit pricey if you're truly hungry. portobello fries ($13) are wonderful! The Kobe burger ($16) is fabulous! & get a macaron (small cookie, $2.50 ea.) for dessert! Everything was wonderful!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,542)

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I come to downtown LA quite often and usually dine here at least once each visit. It's always packed with a very vibrant crowd weeknights. The wine list is very nice. This east coast girl can't get enough of west coast artichokes. We typically get them from jars. Bottega Louie's grilled artichokes are so good! They are perfectly grilled and aren't swimming in heavy mayo. This visit I enjoyed the shrimp pomodoro.

A couple of downsides. This place is really loud. Tile everywhere. I was with a friend and could not hear a word she said. I was wishing I was dining alone. Our waitperson was great--happy, perky and attentive. But the kitchen sent out our entrees while we were in the middle of our appetizers. That us a big no no, especially at this price point. But I would still go back!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I loved this restaurant/bakery so much that I visited it twice during my short trip to Los Angeles! I would recommend visiting the bakery in the morning since that's when you'll have the greatest selection. My second visit was at night around 6pm and half the desserts were already sold out. My friends and I bought a variety of desserts to try: key lime pie, an eclair, a fruit tart, a pistachio dessert, lemon tart, a shortcake-like dessert, a cheesecake, and some macarons. Yes, we are big dessert fans :). We shared these desserts among the five of us, and the key lime pie got the most votes for best dessert. They were all really good though, and I would eat them all again. So yummy. If they had one of these where I lived, I would gain 20 pounds from all the delicious desserts! The desserts are expensive ($7+ each), but so worth it!

We also had lunch in the restaurant, which was also pretty good. If I was rating the restaurant alone though, it'd probably be a 3.5-4 star. The service was kind of slow considering the high server-to-customer ratio. The food was decent, but pricey for what it was. We got the carpaccio, ceviche, duck prosciutto, clam linguine, a fish, short ribs, and truffle mashed potatoes to share. The mashed potatoes were our favorite, followed by the short ribs. The ribs were very flavorful and tender. Our least favorite was the carpaccio, which really wasn't anything special and actually a bit disappointing. The ceviche was also pretty average.

The architecture of the building is pretty cool. It's very white on the inside with big windows and high ceilings. It feels very spacious. It can get pretty loud in the dining area though.

I would recommend coming here for the bakery. The restaurant is okay too, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

1  Thank babyrice
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The place is very nice. The service is average. The pizzas got cold very quickly and lost all flavor, although, they were well presented.

Tha bakery is something else. Finally Los Angeles has a place where they make very good macarons.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We celebrated my birthday here. The service was great. The food was good but overpriced. The wine list was extensive. The bakery was excellent though! There were 8 of us cramped at a round table at the back of the restaurant. Even though the restaurant had high ceilings, the noise bounced off the walls. It was loud and it was really hard to have a conversation. They have no wall decors, paintings or curtains to absorb all the noise. You don't realize how loud it was at the restauant until you step outside. You'll still hear that ringing in your ear. If it were not for the noise level, I'd come back to this restaurant for their brunch. I think I'll wait to come back.