“Yumm!”

Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Bottega Louie Restaurant, Gourmet Market & Patisserie serves fine food daily. Please accept our apologies, but we do not accept reservations. We opened our first Restaurant & Patisserie in 2009 to specialize in the fine dining, special occasion catering, gourmet products, bakery, patisserie and gifting businesses.
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great space in downtown Los Angeles. They have a bevy of macroons. The food was good. Very lively atmosphere. Did I say the space was great....reminds me of some spaces in NY.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I felt like I was back in Italy. (This is an Italian style place, NOT French, by the way.) We were there on a Sunday evening and it was packed and loud. I loved it. The bakery section stretches the full length of the restaurant entrance and the artistry of the baked sweets was amazing. I didn't end up with room to eat any because my meal was so satisfying, but I hovered and drooled. Got to go back and order something there.

I was on a business trip and my coworker and I stopped in here for some dinner. There was a long wait for the restaurant, but there was a perfect table open by the window in the bar area so we grabbed it and were greeted promptly by the server. Between us we ordered small plates of sauteed spinach and broccolini to share. These were not quite up to the standard of the versions I tasted in northern Italy, but were very good. Just a little overcooked on the broccolini, and the Spinach was a little light on the flavor. But it is winter, and these probably had to be brought in from somewhere else, and they were still quite delicious.

We also ordered the pork chops and the Trenne pasta plate. Both were delicious. The pork chops were tender and thick, and were served with a slice of baked apple, grilled onion, and potato cakes. The trenne pasta was baked and was crisp on the edges. The sauce was beef tenderloin pieces in a delicious sweet and tangy gravy.

The wine list is well thought out with several Italian selections by the glass.

This restaurant is a little expensive, but it does have to pay downtown LA rents, and the quality of the food and the bustling atmosphere were worth it.

1  Thank pkrissel
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant from the concierge at The Standard downtown hotel. There was a bit of a wait, so we left, had a drink and came back to be promptly seated. Each of us ordered a soup, my boyfriend could barely finish his French onion style because it was so big and the minestrone was delicious. The portions of the lasagna and especially the chicken parm were HUGE - we barely made a dent and were stuffed! Couldn't even manage dessert, which is apparently quite fabulous here! Great menu, great portions of great food.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was recommended to this place by the concierge at the Omni Hotel. It was a just a short walk about five or six blocks. My first impression as I walked in that it looked like a gourmet bakery that made beautiful sweet delicacies of pleasure. It was like walking through a dessert gift shop in route to dinner with every dessert being a true a work of art. I wanted to taste every sweet little gift along the way.
Once I moved pass the huge dessert displays i found the hostess who seated me right away. Fresh crusty bread was delivered to the table with soft pure butter...A good sign!!
Decent wines available, I picked a 20.00 glass Napa Cab which was a great choice. I was starving since I just arrived in L.A from Colorado and wanted some really good California wine. The restaurant has something on the menu for everyone. Salads, Pasta, Pizza, and several small plates dishes. I had a Caesar salad for starters which arrived as a neat display of stacked very fresh crispy romaine lettuce and slices of fresh parmesan along with homemade croutons. It was delicious...For my entree I wanted something to go with my wine so I chose two small plate dishes. A petite porterhouse of lamb and the Mediterranean mussels. The lamb arrived in two pieces of thinly cut approximately 1/2 inch thick grilled lamb t-bones served with little fingerling potatoes. They had a great grilled flavor but my attention was diverted to the mussels that arrived at the same time. The Mediterranean style broth was divine..The crusty bread made for a perfect sponge for soaking up the tomato, bell pepper, chive, and nice slices of perfectly cooked garlic and other spices in the soupy mixture of greatness.
My server (Sidney) gave me excellent service and made me feel very comfortable and even bringing me glasses to read the menu that looked like it was printed in number seven font..After that delicious dinner my attention was focused on the dessert area again...I popped off a couple of photos and finally settled on a beautiful piece of artwork which included, raspberry chocolate mousse on a pistachio cookie, all covered with a very thin velvet layer of red raspberry powder which looked like a dessert made for the royals....
The restaurant deco was a big open area with high ceilings and very bright white walls and open kitchens and prep areas. The tables were very close together all the servers were neatly dressed in an organized fashion with white shirts, black ties and aprons....A refreshing very clean look that I liked very much... I would highly recommend. The prices are $$ to $$$...

I would give the place five stars but it was very noisy .....Food, service...Five Stars!!

1  Thank chowjudge
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Highly recommend the short ribs and polenta, mouth watering delicious. No reserverations accepted. We were there at 5:00 on a Sunday evening and had no wait. It's noisey, but wouldn't keep me from going back to try other menu offerings. Great service as well.