“All about that S-1”

Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: North San Fernando Valley
Neighborhood: North San Fernando Valley
Reviewed May 10, 2012

The fried rice is delicious and the chicken is always charred to perfection. The sweet and sour sauce is heaven and we always eat here when we're in LA.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Okay, this is not a high end diner or a fancy place to take someone special, but in the world of Northridge, surrounded as you are by auto repair shops, it can be hard to find a quick, cheap meal that's also tasty and relatively healthy. The Original Thai BBQ fits the bill nicely.

I popped in here after I turned up early for a train at the Northridge MetroLink train station. Come out of the station, turn left down Parthenia until it crosses Reseda (about a ten minute walk) and you'll see the Thai BBQ right across the intersection in front of you and slightly to the right.

Service was a little shaky due to the fact that none of the staff are especially proficient in English, but they served up a really nice little box of tofu and spicy vegetables as a takeaway, with green chillies that nearly blew my head off, I might add (I don't mind, I like 'em hot!), with plastic cutlery so that I could munch it on my way back to the station to pick up my train.

The interior is a little shabby but don't be put off - this is good food, at a very reasonable price, in a convenient location (parking off road out front of the restaurant in a little strip mall)

Reviewed February 8, 2012

My family and I always ate at the Original Thai BBQ on 3rd St on the weekends! It was our little tradition. When I was old enough to drive, I visited the other Thai BBQ's, Vegas, Studio City, Glendale, and though they are all good places to eat, the best is the one on 3rd. I say it's the best Thai food ever, becuase it just is! Try the house special dinners, my favorites are definitely the Kai-Yang Chicken or the Beef Sate.