“Nice hotel - just be careful which room you get” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of W Hollywood

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
W Hollywood
Ranked #66 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
London
“Nice hotel - just be careful which room you get”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

This is nice W hotel with a very spacious lobby area and the facilities were very good as at the time I stayed, it had only been open a few months.

The staff were friendly and helpful although my impression was that they did not really have enough people working there. The General Manager was fantastic. I saw him everywhere during my stay, from chatting to guests around the pool to meeting people in the lobby and thought that he set a great example to the other staff there.

Unfortunately there was a downside and that was that my room was above the nightclub which although I never went to, I felt that I was there every night until at least 3am.... I'm too old for that now!

Overall a very good hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2011

Our family stayed here for a couple of nights just after Xmas and we loved it.
Very modern as its new with great lobby area and funky rooms, the kids kept looking for Hollywood stars!
An easy 10 min walk down to Grumans Chinese theatre and the kids loved the Elcapitan with the Tron movie showing, thanks for the recommendation by the front desk.
I also noted the water cost of $9 a bottle and as a Gold SPG member that travels with the Sheraton brand around the world, I suggest just give us a bottle free, it works all over the rest of the world and I bet it would for you too. Small cost to put a smile on a customers face.
Kids also loved the pool area but a little cold and wet while we were there.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2010

We came to LA for a wedding and decided to spend a couple of extra days at the W Hollywood to celebrate our tenth anniversary. Despite the horrible LA weather, we had a great stay. Tess greeted us at the front desk and could not have been nicer. When we casually mentioned that it was our tenth, she immediately upgraded our room and later sent up a bottle of champagne! We were overwhelmed by her thoughtfulness. The hotel is beautiful, our corner room was spacious and comfortable and the staff was super friendly. We would love to stay here again next time we come to LA. Thank you Tess for your kindness and for making our anniversary even more special.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
alyskie, Guest Relations Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this review, January 1, 2011
Thank you for celebrating such a special occasion with us! Congratulations on your tenth anniversary! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, and will pass on your compliments to Tess! On behalf of Tess, and the entire W Hollywood team, we look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit! Thank you, Alyssa Kiefer, W Hollywood
Lancaster, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2010

W is by far my favorite Starwood brand .... from the minute i drive up to the Valet i feel at home. The entire staff is amaaaaazing!! Valet, Front Desk, Room Service, Stylists, and the Welcome Desk Manager Alana is super FAB!!! I feel validated at the the W Hollywood for WHO i Am. It feeds my artistic hunger and the possibilities seem endless once i leave W Hollywood....i have even adopted a new slogan for myself after my W Hollywood stays and it is ....
"W Hollywood!! Lights! Camera! Action! im Yours"
Looking forward to many, many more W moments

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
w_hollywood_10, General Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this review, December 28, 2010
This has to be the most enthusiastic review we have seen all year! Thank you so much for the kind comments. We may need to appropriate them into our next marketing plan! We'll look forward to seeing you again, but in the meantime, have a safe and joyous New Year's Eve!

Best -

Jim
Boston, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2010

I stay in hotels over 90 days per year, so I have seen a lot. On the positive, the staff attitude and helpfulness was outstanding. The only shortcoming is not enough front desk staff and long long waits to check in or get service or even ask a question. The rooms were very stylish, yet comfortable and spotlessly clean, but I do miss having a soaking tub. Handy to have all the chargers and outlets on the desk, so you don't have to fumble through your bag to pull yours out.

On the negative, there are no coffeemakers in the room, so to just get coffee ($8) on the menu was $17 after taxes, service charges and tip and $9 for in room water. I went to Trader Joes around the back of the hotel and stocked up for breakfast rather than overpay. The parking was $38/day with no discounts for guests. I pay less in Manhattan. Also, the pool area did not have a single lounge chair for sunning, but lots of cabanas, for which I am sure they charge for rental. Also, internet was $15/day, which is excessive, especially for US hotels.I would stay again, but bring my own food supplies, since even though I am on an expense account, I hate to feel that I am being ripped off just because they can.

I was on the upper floors and could hear the disco at night, but I turned the Heat/AC fan to high and that helped drown the sound out.

With all the velvet ropes and focus on the scene, it has a bit of an aura of exclusivity that I found off-putting. The bar was very pricy and hard to get a seat. It would be nice if they had more bar area.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank chp37
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2010

loved it, loved it, loved it. Amazingly funcky, new and trendy hote. Fantastic vibe. Great room, we stayed in the Suite. Its the first time ever you actually want to hang out at the hotel and we were situated on Hollywood Blvd ! DRAIS nightclub/restaurant is upstairs.

this is a must stay while in LA>

will be back there 1000%

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2010

We came in for a quick concert at the Greek Theatre. The location is great and if you are looking for a scene, this is the spot. If you are wanting a W brand service with great rooms, this is your place. If you want to sleep at night, stay somewhere else. The place is a party, the halls at night are loud and the entire hotel becomes a nightclub.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
w_hollywood_10, General Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this review, December 20, 2010
Thank you so much for the nice comments! I am sorry if you had a hard time sleeping though. We are definitely crazy on the weekends, but offer "quiet floors" for guests that need some peace from the energy generated in our lounge and club. Please come see us again, and reach out to me personally. I will make sure you leave with a WOW.

Merry Christmas -