W Hollywood
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$426
$560
$116
$104
Orbitz.com
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$159
  • Beachfront
$289
$202
1,860 results
All reviewsrooftop poolbliss spaw insiderbliss productschris nelsonmarvelous suitepantages theaterpool partyliving roomlobby bartrader joeshotel is beautifulmetro stationhomeless peoplechinese theatrevalet servicevalet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2010

I have stayed at several W Hotels across the country, and this was not one of my favorites. It was a beautiful hotel. The rooms were clean, and the service at the reservations desk and the concierge were great. However, the link of this hotel with Drai's is what makes this place so overrated. Mainly, the racket of Drai's kind of makes this place less chill to stay at and seems to bring in a particularly Chachi clientele. There were lines to get into the pool, club, and even the lobby at night. We had drinks in the lobby one night, where friends who live in LA waited in line to have a cocktail with us in the lobby. We attempted to go to the outside space of the lobby once they got through the first line only to find another velvet rope and line to get to the outside part of the lobby, and even found a line that we had to wait in when we tried to leave. We had to wait for someone to open the velvet rope to leave! My friends and I immediately left and went to a more chill bar in Hollywood. (I used to live in LA, and my friends and I are late 20's/early 30's, so it's not like we were looking for some kind of Senior Center or something.) The pool and nightclub were the same scene. Now, if the scene once you were through all of the lines was awesome, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but once we were through all of the lines, we were like, "This is it?"

The whole overrated racket of Drai's kind of made our stay at the hotel less relaxing. Not sure we'd stay there again. It was like Disneyland for Chaches.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Generally we love the whole W vibe-- the W Hollywood is a pale imitation of some of their best properties. You expect these hotels to make an immediate statement-- the lobby here is cavernous and more than a little boring. The rooms are fine, but again, very predictable. The roof top pool was crowded, expensive and dirty (even at opening, there was gunk in the corners that would make you lose your appetite). And for such a new facility, the pool area was already looking beaten up and shabby. If you want real Hollywood glamour, stay at the SLS in Beverly Hills or the London. Both put this place to shame.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank cstaples
w_hollywood_10, General Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2010

I am sorry that you didn't enjoy the property. The first words we typically hear when a guest enters our living room is "Wow". I'll be the first to admit, though, that W Hollywood is not for everyone. Please consider giving us another try, and contact me directly next time. I'll work hard to impress you. If not, I would agree that the SLS is pretty rock star. Have a great weekend -

Jim

Reviewed October 12, 2010

I couldn't get over how nice all the staff was to the time I got out of the car to the time I left.
The valet, the check in staff, the servers, maintenance people, everyone. In times like this it was so refreshing. Although modern decor is not my style, it just didn't bother me with such welcoming staff.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
alyskie, Guest Relations Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2010

Thank you so much for your review! Thrilled to hear about the warm welcome you received from our talent! We hope you will be back to see us again soon! Warmest, Alyssa Kiefer, W Hollywood

Reviewed October 8, 2010

......then this is the place for you!

Having just returned from a trip to L.A I have to admit that I heartily agree with so many of the previous reviews on this hotel. It's 'style' (if you like that kind of thing) over comfort every step of the way here. We've stayed in Starwwod Hotels worldwide and this had to be our least favourite experience. The staff were 'fine' but certainly didn't go out of their way to help and more thought had gone into appearance than substance throughout the hotel.

It started off well - we'd requested a quiet room (having read previous reviews) and we got one no problem so don't stress, all you have to do is ask. Great. And to be fair, it was quiet althought possibly the air conditioning hid all outside noise! The room itself however wasn't the kind of place you'd want to spend a lot of time. We always judge a room by whether you would be comfortable if you were taken ill there and with the 'W' the answer would most certainly be a resounding 'NO'. The bed isn't quite a futon but if you have a bad back, forget it. There is only one chair at table height so unless you're alone, don't order room service although the waiter's comment was 'oh I love to recline to eat when I'm in a hotel' - what ? To eat soup ???!!! The window seat is very comfortable though so not all bad.

Interesting placement of hand towels in bathroom doesn't seem entirely hygenic to say the least! I'll leave it at that on that point.

Complimentary Acura service - I'm sure it's very nice but it only has a 4 mile radius and no-one seemed able to tell us which areas that covered so forget it unless you know exactly where you're going or have a map of your own.

Car park attendants - unless you're dressed up to the nines expect to be largely ignored (unless aforementioned glamour puss takes pity on you and admits you were there first)

Lighting - what is it about this place (and, to be fair, the rest of this city)?? Are they all vampires??? Mega dim lighting everywhere was quite bizarre. - feel like you're in a nightclub just walking up the corridor

Location of hotel - right next to Metro which is very handy but the area outside seemed to be a favourite haunt of the local down and outs and there was a delightful aroma whenever you left the hotel. Again , I'll say no more on that.

In a nutshell this was our first, and will definitely be our last, visit to a 'W'. It wasn't our kind of thing - we prefer the comfort of the rest of the hotels in the chain. Perhaps that means we're more traditional (and so 'W' won't care anyway as we're possibly not their target market) but I just think it means we like to be comfortable and be acknowledged as a valued customer. If you just don't care about that then go for it, you'll love this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
w_hollywood_10, General Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2010

I'm terribly sorry you didn't enjoy your experience. We take all comments seriously, whether it be room design or service, and rest assured I'll review yours with the appropriate personnel. The W Hollywood is unabashedly high energy and a lot of fun - especially on the weekends. We do have specific "quiet floors" and I appreciate you pointing that out. I think you're correct in that it is not for everyone, but please know that top flight service is something we take pains to practice every day. Our team, whom we call Talent, knows the importance of this and I will personally read your review at our next staff meeting to drive home the point. One thing to note: anyone who contacts me ahead of time for specific requests - wishes - can almost always be guaranteed extra attention. I wish you safe travels wherever you may go.

Best -

Jim

Reviewed October 4, 2010

Just got back from a trip to LA and stayed at the new W Hollywood. I don't usually write reviews but in this case I had to. I loved the hotel. The staff was great, the hotel was beautiful, the food was excellent and the experience was great fun. It was like an oasis in Hollywood. I would recommend it to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
alyskie, Guest Relations Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2010

Thanks for taking the time to write a review this time around! We are so glad to hear you loved your W Hollywood experience and hope you will be back to see us again soon on your next trip to LA! Thank you, Alyssa Kiefer, W Hollywood