“Overbilled and Terrible Customer Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of W Hollywood

W Hollywood
Ranked #68 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Overbilled and Terrible Customer Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I recently stayed in a suite which I would rate at average condition: Toilet ran continuously, the hand held shower fell off the arm, and the outside noise was so bad I had to wear ear plugs the whole stay. BUT!!!! Then I was over billed $111.00 for "munchies" (no details, just a revised folio) which only upon my escalation of the charge was fixed and then unbelievably they charged me TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS for a puncture hole in the sofa which they claim I did - which I didn't! And when does a hole cost $2,000! and where is the proof - pictures etc, and the itemized repair costs?????? Upon talking with them they were dismissive, patronizing and rude. I am an Accenture Alumni with over 2,000 hotel nights under my belt and this place really takes the cake for the worst experience. W SUCKS. I have had to cancel my CC card.

6 Thank Steve C
Leon Y, General Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Hi Steve,

If you ever find any part of your room in disrepair please let us know immediately. We would be glad to repair all damages or move you to a new room so that your stay is comfortable and enjoyable.

We did take care of the charges to your credit card and reached a resolution. Please reach out to me at GMLeonYoung@whotels.com if the charges to your card require more attention from our talent.

All the best,
Leon Y.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hartford, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is a fantastic Starwood property. My company held their annual meeting at this location, and everything was top-notch. The hotel is in great shape, and all parts of the hotel were immaculate. Although my room was a standard double, there was plenty of room, including a great window seat which turned out to be the perfect place for an afternoon nap in the sun. The pool deck has amazing views, and was surprisingly quite during the days and early evenings. The food and meeting rooms were excellent - we did not have a single complaint from anyone on our team during the entire meeting. Definitely a place to which I will return.

Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Right across from the Pantages Theater, the W is a hipster hotel that makes a great home base if you are exploring Hollywood and LA. The 11th floor gym is fantastic with plenty of equipment and a panoramic view of the surrounding area. The Sunday night jazz show in the lobby lounge provides some of the best people watching I have ever experienced and guarantees a fun night out without having to leave the building!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank bernandpaul
Hey there,

Our location is perfect for exploring all of Hollywood and LA. Reach out to our Insider, Chris, for even more recommendations on great places to see when you are with us. I'm glad to see you were able to take advantage of our great gym. The views are a definite plus.

Any opportunity you have to enjoy Sunday Jazz, take it. Nikki Leonti is a real talent. Get in early for a good seat - there might be a surprise guest performance.

See you soon,
Lake Tahoe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Had a meeting nearby so choose to check out this property. It is one of my last Starwoods to check off the list to stay at in S. Cal. Despite reviews of loud and obnoxious/bad business choice, the hotel was super quiet on a Tuesday night. Had a Marvelous Suite, which was large and a great choice over the small standard W rooms. Spotlessly clean and really nice soaking tub. Great layout and was really happy with the service/room. Room service was super fast and the Jidori Chicken was well cooked. W service is friendly and not obtrusive like some 5* can be IMHO. I don't find W service pretentious. They leave you alone. But if you need anything, its done immediately and without flaw. Gym is very nicely appointed. Also check for a AAA rate. It was just over $200 for my stay; less than my corporate rate.

Room Tip: Go for the suite if it's available and you can swing it.
1 Thank SPGwanderlust
Kenai, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

It's always a rough swap over coming in on the red eye from Alaska, but the staff does everything possible to make your stay as fun and memorable as possible. The list goes on and on of how the W Hollywood takes care of me. I had miss booked my trip and needed to stay an extra night Christian at the front desk was able to keep me in the same room. The stereo in our room wasn't working a new one was promptly brought up. Even small things like forgetting some toiletries, the Whatever whenever people are there for you!

The stay was so fun I'll be back in town this weekend for my birthday, this is my favorite hotel in Hollywood!

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Hey Chuck,

I'm glad we could take excellent care of you. There's no reason you can't enjoy yourself even getting off a red eye. Christian is a real asset to our team here. He will do everything he can to make your extended stay as simple as possible. Whatever/Whenever certainly do make traveling easier. If you forget anything during your upcoming stay, don't hesitate to ask.

See you soon,
São Paulo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed for 4 nights in the W Hollywood Hotel from 11/01 to 15/01/2014. Very good room, although thebed is too low on the floor and not so confortable. Shower has not power enough, spending more time to take a bath. I hate when 4 or 5* hotels charge for parking and wifi, nad the W is too expensive for both.
I had an issue in the check-in. Prepaid reservation, I tried 2 credit cards as every hotel needs, charging 500dollars, well, trying to charge - both of them where declined for no reason. I paid in cash the 500 and went up to the room. When I got to the room, I telephoned for both my credit cards to ask them whats was going on and told me that they didn't even had a request from the hotel. I went to the reception again and another receptionist helped me out. As my name is too big on the credit, their system has a bug and don't accept cards ??!?!?! but he called the american express and asked by phone if they could charge the US$500. he gave me back the cash. The two calls I did by me mobile phone to my credit cards back in brazil cost me US$ 50, as I passed my planned roaming package waiting to be attended.

Room Tip: ask for higher floors east view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

There isn't really that much too say. You can sum it up with just one word: FANTASTIC! The service was incredible, everyone was so helpful. The restaurant Delphine was amazing. The rooms were not huge, but was very modern and cool. They were very clean. The location was also good. What was the only bad thing about the hotel, was that there wasn't free wifi in the rooms. But, I definitely recommend W Hotel 100%.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hello!

Fantastic is one of my favorite things to hear. It sounds like you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. Our talent takes great pride in creating memorable stays for all of our guests. Anything you need, just ask. Delphine is a great spot to enjoy excellent food and service. You can bet you will always be well taken care of when you dine there. Thanks for the recommendation! See you again soon!

Best,