W Hollywood
$362
$279
Sofitel
  • Pool
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$154
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$267
$259
  • Breakfast included
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
$305
$216
$203
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Casa del Mar(Santa Monica)
$591
$575
$171
$167
1,860 results
All reviewsrooftop poolbliss spaw insiderbliss productschris nelsonmarvelous suitepantages theaterpool partyliving roomlobby bartrader joeshotel is beautifulmetro stationhomeless peoplechinese theatrevalet servicevalet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great location , a bit pricey but worth it as the stuff is freindly and valet is very helpful , the lounge at night is great hangout if you dont wanna got to far for a drink (slightly expensive drinks but food was very good)

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank bklynplayboy
Leon Y, General Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I will be glad t pass along your compliments to our talent. They truly enjoy taking the time to create a memorable stay for each of our guests.

The Living Room is perfect for enjoying a cocktail and unwinding after a day of sightseeing. I’m glad you were able to experience it.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed in the W in Hollywood for 7 nights so spent a lot of time getting to know the hotel. I was in LA on business in case that helps

Positives:
- Rooms are quite nice, clean
- location can be convenient if you have to travel to North LA (e.g. Burbank)
- business centre staff were friendly
- staff in general were friendly

Negatives
- Noise levels from Thursd-Saturday at night - this hotel basically seems to transform into some sort of club from Thursday-Saturday which is an issue, and instead of feeling like you're coming back to a welcoming hotel you're met with bouncers who check that you're a hotel guest before letting you through. Unfortunately the guests in the next room were having a party next door on both Thursday and Friday nights. After being jet lagged, and needing to wake up for a meeting on Friday, the last thing I wanted was to be woken up at 2am by banging doors and shouting. The same thing happened on Friday. I did complain about the noise to the hotel manager but it did take a couple of visits from the security guard to get the guests to calm down.
- Prices for in room meals - the highest I've ever experienced as a business traveller. Food quality was good though, but not worth the price
- I thought that the breakfast choices in the Delfine restaurant could have been broader (menu seemed too small, no breakfast buffet only a la carte)
- location is pretty tacky
- in room hair dryers are pretty bad (causes issues for the ladies) - they're tiny, don't have a nozzle and frankly look like something from the 80s

So upshot is if you want to relax (which many people do when they're away from home) this may not be the best hotel for that. Unlikely to stay at this hotel again.

However if you're looking for a place to party all night at the weekends, this may be a great choice

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the club as possible and as far away from other guests if possible!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Hello,

We are well-known for our lively atmosphere on the weekends. I hope you were able to relax throughout the week.

We have security in place around the hotel entrances to ensure that guests are only admitted and allowed up to guest room floors.

I am glad to hear that your guests next door were handled by our security team in a timely manner, however I do understand the inconvenience.

Thank you for your feedback on our in-room dining and breakfast in Delfine. I will be sure to share it with the appropriate department heads.

I hope that we can welcome you back for another stay soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is the perfect hotel for young singles or couples who are looking for fun (not romance). It's pretty much in the heart of Hollywood (just a mile from the Kodak Theater), but I don't think you would want to take a family here because it caters more to the younger crowd looking to drink or go clubbing and enjoy the nightlife. When you step outside, you can start walking the Hollywood Walk of Fame as you make your way up toward the Kodak Theater, but that also means walking past multiple marijuana shops, homeless people, young druggies asking for money, etc.. It's Hollywood, so you really shouldn't expect much different. However, if you're visiting and have always imagined Hollywood Blvd. looking like what you see on the Oscar's, you will be sorely disappointed. The hotel itself is very trendy with an amazing staircase in its lobby. D'rais Nightclub is located on the rooftop, but they rent out the space at W so they don't care if you have a room there. Also, there is no guarantee you can make it up there without bottle service or a group of girls, but it's nice that the lobby becomes a trendy lounge at night with a DJ, bar, and a large outdoor seating area as well. The first floor of the hotel is perfect for those who just want to hang out with friends, but aren't interested in dancing. The muscle at the doors check to make sure you have a key when you want to enter the hotel at night, but if you have a group of friends who may not be staying at the hotel, it looks like you can still flash one or two room keys and get them in fairly easily. I think W is more beautiful at night than in the day because of all the lights and the nightlife, but I can't quite get to a 5. I will say the room is much nicer than the Standard (both Downtown LA and Hollywood) because it feels newer and fresher, but it's not as fun as the cabana suites at The Roosevelt.

Room Tip: The Spectacular Room was perfect for those who don't plan to stay in the room all day. We were able to view the valet area which may sound terrible, but it was really nice. They have a beautiful stream of LED lights that turn on at night and you get to see the beautiful people arriving at the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Spent 2 nights and had a very nice stay. Everything was clean and comfy as was expected. Staff was great, service was perfect. Room was very cool, and spacious.......check out the pics. View was fantastic, except for the large building under construction across the street.......but not really a big deal. Hung out at a great pool party on the top of the hotel had a view of downtown LA buildings, and we could also see the Hollywood sign. Pool area had lots of lounge beds and cabanas, with excellent service. Had a steak in the restaurant downstairs, great food and excellent service in that place as well. I had a great time and would definitely stay there again. If this review helps your planning, please leave me a helpful vote......ENJOY

Room Tip: I heard some of the rooms have a poor view, if nice view is important to you, request something better at booking.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Slayridez06
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 days last week and I have to say it left a bad taste for the W chain.
The rooms are premium priced but definitely small sized compared with what you'll get elsewhere in LA. First night was at rm 311 a king 'fabulous' so-called suite. It is however NOT a divided suite: the sitting area is separated from the bed by a see-thru curtain. Not what I'd have paid 500 bucks for.
I was overcharged each day for extras by over DOUBLE what the hotel was owed, one day for internet a the other for minibar munchies. The second day the whole hotel's internet was at a crawl, messing up hope for getting work done,
What a disaster of a hotel. I'd never stay here again; the Roosevelt or the Sunset Marquis put this place to shame.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank HotLightsColdSteel

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. The design of our guestrooms and suites give the feeling of Hollywood glam. Our Fabulous Suite IS our most complimented room type with many guests truly enjoying their stay.

We are currently updating our Wi-Fi speeds so they are faster and more consistent.

I hope we can welcome you back for another stay in the future.