“luxury” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #69 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
London, United Kingdom
“luxury”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Im not the biggest fan of LA bu this hotel kinda made me change my mind!!
Luxury is the only word i could use to describe this hotel!!
Beautiful decor and Beautiful people!!!!
We arrived on a Saturday not knowing here was a pool party on so that wa a shame but we quickly remember we were in LA so we just went with it!!
great location, right onthe *stars*

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kirsten B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Absolutely incredible. Complete convenience, luxury and excellence. You could not ask for a better staff in a very large property within a very large area. I am completely impressed by everything that the W has to offer. Luxury, glamour and perfection. I travel so frequently and rarely become absorbed in the "experience" of a hotel. The W has it all. Generally, I feel "out of place" in a "red carpet hollywood kind of thing". There is absolutely everything, right here, for everyone. I felt completely at home, if of course, my home was as insanely elegant, surrounded my a complete staff. I couldn't say enough about the extraordinary "privacy in a crowd" that was granted me here. I will be playing powerball from here on out. When I win, I will move to the W and live there forever more. What a complete and magical place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Sarah M
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel was incredible! We always felt like we were getting red carpet treatment no matter what we were doing. Getting our bags put away, taking the free town-car service out or just asking a question ... we were always treating really well!

The room was gorgeous and comfortable. The hotel sent up a free bottle of bubbly as we were on our honeymoon! It was so sweet of them.

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly! The location was really great, too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank katie k
Leon Y, General Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hi Katie,

I love hearing about our guests having a wonderful time with us! I am glad that you were able to experience our great customer service and have an enjoyable honeymoon. Our talent is always looking for ways to surprise our guests and create a memorable experience. I hope we have the pleasure of celebrating many anniversaries to come.

Best wishes,
Leon Y.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Feel like a movie star during your stay at the W Hollywood... The W Insider Chris Nelson can hook you up with delicious restaurant recommendations and entrance into LA's nighttime hot spots, including on site rooftop club Drai's. Lounge poolside during the day, sipping cocktails and people watching or relax at Bliss Spa. Everything about my weekend at the W was fantastic, from my gorgeous suite, to my table at Drai's arranged by Chris (all of my friends got into the club as promised without a hiccup), yummy room service, and decadent spa treatments. The W Hollywood is perfectly swanky and will treat you like a star!

Room Tip: Corner suites are amazing, but if you want to soak in one of the W's large bathtubs, book the Ma...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank RebeccaRaj
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

The W is in a great spot!! As its right on Hollywood Boulevard you can wander up the strip & back and see it all :) Valet parking is quite expensive (about $35/night) but there is a car park directly alongside the hotel for about $6/day or $15/overnight (from memory!).
The bell hop staff were all very friendly & helpful which made dealing with our many bags a lot easier!
My 2 friends and I were on the 7th floor & our room was awesome -- everything about the 'W' is so cool & funky - I was a big fan!
WiFi in the lobby is free & very fast, but as you get up to your room the signal get really weak. To get a strong signal in your room you have to pay, but when you can just go to the lobby/bar downstairs for a strong signal, why bother?! :)
I also visited the in-house Spa, 'Bliss', while I was there & the service was fantastic.
The W Hotel is great -- definitely recommended!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MissKris1709
Hello Kris,

I can’t say that I disagree with your assessment! We offer a little bit of everything for everyone. Our location is great for getting a taste of the Hollywood lifestyle. All within a few miles is live performance venues, great dining and even better nightlife. I look forward to passing along your compliments to our Welcome Ambassadors. They are often one of our most complimented talent members. The next time you visit us, I recommend grabbing a table in the Living Room for Sunday Jazz. We have a great list of performers.

All the best,
Leon Y.
Opelousas, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

We enjoyed our hotel so very much. The staff was so accomodating. The beds were so comfy and the room had more than enough space for us. The lobby bar was hopping from about 7 on. Saw some celebs there. Also, I loved the little whimsical touches scattered about such as the rugs in the elevators being changed to reflect the time of day. Complimentary morning coffee in the lobby was very good. Big walk in shower and the plug-ins and tech stuff was top notch. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CindyTGates
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

The W is wonderfully located...right on Hollywood and Vine. The rooms were ok, we were on the 4th floor and it was pretty noisy at night. Our room had a frosted glass section between the bathroom and the bedroom, which meant if you turned on the bathroom light at night everyone would be disturbed .

The hotel is strangely designed so that you can spend three days there and not interact with any staff. That's certainly what happened to us..

As far as I could make out they have only one restaurant. We ate breakfast there and service was friendly

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family