“W Hollywood”

Ranked #73 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Luton, United Kingdom
“W Hollywood”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were on a 3 stop holiday San Fransisco, Las Vegas and Los Angeles. This was our last stop and this hotel gave us a very uncomfortable feeling. It seemed as though some of the staff looked down on everyday people and were only interested in the ones who thought they were a cut above the rest. The prices in restaurant were a bit excessive and a lot of the time the tables in the bar area and the outside bar were reserved and not available to the normal guests. The most friendly people were the lads whoh helped with the luggage the rest seemd a bit up themselves. Unlike our 2 previous hotels which were both good class hotels we did not feel at all comfortable here

Room Tip: No recommendation as it would seem Americals do not know the meaning of being quiet when returning t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jacqueline M
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you did enjoy your stay with us. The comfort of our guests is of the highest importance to us. I assure you that it is always our pleasure to ensure you have a great stay and we are happy to accommodate any request you may have. There are many events that take place throughout the hotel so we frequently do have to reserve tables and space. If you ever need anything please call Whatever/Whenever and they can help you make reservations or fulfill any other request you may have. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Leon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I travel a lot. All over the world. I do usually try to stay in a good hotels. I just like to enjoy my time. The pool. The gym. That why vacation is for .

This weekend. On June 6 / 2013. I come with a friend to the w in Hollywood. I pay over 900$ for 4 nights.

The worst experience I ever have in my life .
To start with the service. There is no other hotel that I ever stay at that. You walking to the elevator and the whole way you see food next to the doors. Glass next to the doors , and the room service guy or girls passing by and not picking that up for more then 24 hours. I called the front desk 3 times till some one come to clean the floor . This is just to start .

The lobby always full with people who is not members at the hotels. Just party going on here all day long , I come to relax. Not to see all those things 24/7. Drunk people around. And drugs all over.

And to finish With the worst things. Sunday come. Sunny day. We went up to the pool. There is no seat available because any one can use the pool from the street. You done have to be a member. And more then that. I find a seat. So the girl who work here. Come to me and told me I can seat here. It's reserved. Really? Is that a joke ? 900$ for not be able to use the pool. But all those friends of those people who work here can come and use anything the want? That place is a joke. I don't recommended. I am going to file a compliment on any site that I can.
My name is EYAL Avraham. Conformation for the room was 313368. Just for you all to see that I am a real review and not like those who fake it here. And my cell is 415 774 6647.

Room Tip: Do not use that place. Motel 6 is better
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank joey a
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We received your call about the room service trays in the halls when you checked-in and took quick action to ensure the area was spotless. Many of our guests enjoy dining from the comfort of their guest rooms and we do take necessary steps to ensure all public areas are well tended to.

Being a very lively hotel, we have both locals and guests who enjoy the Living Room, restaurant and pool at our hotel. Drai’s usually has some sort of pool party happening over the weekend. It is not uncommon for guests and locals alike to make reservations in advance for a lounge chair or cabana at the pool. We make this information available on our website and send communication to guests prior to their arrival if we have their information on file. Unfortunately, we could not reach out to you in advance since you made your reservation through a third party site. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused for you throughout your stay.

All the best,
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Went there for the 2013 new years eve party. Amazing view with some nice music. You have access to multiple parties at W, one at the ground floor is also open.
Great location, chic crowd, lively music. Drinks bar is less crowded if you have VIP tickets. Bottle service is nice for a group of 5 or more.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Hello,

I am glad you could join us to ring in the New Year. Drai’s has some of the best views in town of Hollywood with the best DJ’s always performing. The Living Room is also a great choice for New Year’s Eve as we have ample seating, great cocktails and even better service. I hope to see you again soon.

St. John's, Canada
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Beautiful hotel in L.A. right on the Hollywood Walk of Fame! Got a great rate for this hotel using Priceline. Very modern and clean. Staff are very friendly and helpful. My only complaint is the $40/night valet parking. There is a parking lot across the street that charges about $20/night but we chose to go with the hotel parking as the other lot was "at your own risk." We were told internet would be extra but we were able to connect to the hotel's wifi regardless (not sure why). If you want a fun and glamourous hotel in L.A. then stay here!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you for the kind words. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. This hotel is in the perfect location for enjoying all of the best attractions Hollywood has to offer. On your next visit, I recommend reaching out to our concierge for some insider tips on what is happening around town. Our valet charges are competitive with other hotels in the area as is our internet charges. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Best,
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Just a quick note... the front desk staff were great. We were in trasnit to Bora Bora for our honeymoon, they got us champagne for free and helped with all our logistics. the room was typical W and the party on the terraza was typical hoas well! Just really good service!!

Room Tip: High room if you don't like noise.... or just Calm down and edm on!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I appreciate your great feedback and will be sure to pass along your compliments. Congratulations and the champagne was our pleasure. I hope you enjoyed your Honeymoon. I hope we will see you again soon.

All the best,
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

This is the 2nd time I've stayed here for business and I think it's a great choice. You are located a bit of a walk down to the Chinese theatre and other attractions on the Boulevard (metro right next door tho) but the reception and bar area are not packed every afternoon/evening as I have experienced at The London and The Roosevelt. It's still a bit of a party hotel but I could enjoy the buzz downstairs and not get disturbed in my room which was perfect (7th floor but maybe you can hear the club higher up?) Wehad a fewdrinks in the club on our last visit and i think that unless youre willing to foot the bill for a table this might not be the best experience. The staff were lovely and we had a late flight out of LA so they let us store our bags and use the spa to shower and change before we left. Breakfast in the Delphine is delish but there are no B&b options at the W, breakfast is always extra whether at the Delphine or room service. Service in the delphine is a little slow if they are busy. Given the nightlife I would say it isn't a good choice for families. We were very well looked after, apart from a small hiccup when they kept calling me to confirm my name while i was trying to sleep off jet lag. Pool area was nice and not too busy but it was spring time at 6 am. I have read reviews of guests not being given access there at night?? Rooms are spacious (i was on the same floor as the spa) clean, well kept and comfy however if I'm being picky I would love a few more lights in the room!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Leon Y, General Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. The metro is located just steps from our door, making it easy for guests to get to many popular attractions in the area. We are also happy to offer our complimentary Acura service within a few miles. I am glad to hear that you had the opportunity to experience Drai’s as well as our Living Room bar. Both serve excellent cocktails and provide a different atmosphere depending on what you are in the mood for. It was our pleasure to store your luggage so you could continue to enjoy your stay. Delphine has some of the best food. I recommend trying it for dinner during your next stay. If you contact the concierge, they will be happy to make that reservation for you.

Until next time,
n tonawanda
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Recent stay at this hotel to attend a business meeting. Great location right next to a subway station. Excellent staff on every level. I am very fussy when it comes to cleanliness and this hotel met my expectations. Very hip décor, great shower! My only complaint is not enough natural light in the room I stayed in. If you are looking for a boutique type hotel this is the place to stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Leon Y, General Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Hi,

We offer just the right amount of boutique feel with a high level of service you would expect from a W Hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Being located close to popular attractions, easy transportation and having many events at the hotel itself makes us a great choice for any kind of stay. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.