“Friendly service and a good sleep”
Review of W Hollywood

W Hollywood
Ranked #72 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Tampere, Finland
“Friendly service and a good sleep”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We got W Hollywood via hotwire, and since we were travelling with a baby, we weren't too pleased to read the reviews about noise from the night club and other guest rooms. We stayed here from Sunday to Tuesday, and at least we didn't here anything. Obviously we missed the biggest party nights, so Friday and Saturday nights would probably be a different story.

Service was very friendly overall, no complaints about that. Valet parking is 40$, so we decided to park across the street for 20$. It worked for us well, and we didn't feel like there was a big risk of having windows smashed from our car :)

I would probably not pay full price for W Hollywood, since the location wasn't really that important for us. Additional cost such as internet put me off as well :S I think the Coke I had from the minibar was something like 7$ so they definitely go after your money, that's for sure.

Room Tip: A room from the fifth floor facing Argyle was pretty good, no noise from the night club or Hollywood...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Leon Y, General Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Hello and thank you for writing a review on your stay with us. We are a very lively hotel and not recommended for families however, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our talent is very committed to providing the best experience possible for each guest. Our valet service and other charges are in line with other hotels in the area, but we are located next to a self-parking lot and offer complimentary wi-fi in the Living Room for our guests convenience.

Leon Y. – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Got invited to the opener of the pool party at "Drai's", the pool at the Hotel that also has seasonal pool parties.
The service, quality of drinks, and the exclusivity of the pool and all of the hotel bars/clubs was the same type of feel as being in Vegas. I would describe the rooms as a mix of art deco meets Sunset strip rock and roll.
The hotel is massive but comfortable, and the access to it is easy with both self parking and Valet across the street. If you take the subway, the exit (Hollywood/Vine) literally is at the base of the hotel.
Expensive? Yes, but worth it when you can get all the perks of the hotel. Make a day out of it during the summer on a weekend. Unless you are into gambling, it beats taking off to Vegas.

Room Tip: Ask for a Pool View
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank watermandan
Leon Y, General Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. Drai’s is a very popular venue for both local and hotel guests alike. We enjoy treating our guests to an insider experience when they are with us. The rooms are decorated in a way that speaks to Hollywood by keeping things simple with grand touches. Having the subway right outside our hotel makes it very simple for our guests to explore everything Hollywood and Los Angeles have to offer. Next time you stay with us, take advantage of our concierges. They can offer great tips about which nightclubs and restaurants are must-sees.

Until next time,
Leon Y. –General Manager
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I usually stay in Beverly Hills, so I am used to very small rooms in LA. Other than the Beverly Wilshire, and those rooms are huge!
I really enjoyed the space of the room, the view was also nice! The outside bar is called the Living Room. I had a very enjoyable evening sitting and having a glass of Italian rose. I think this is a hotel for younger artists that feel the need to be "seen". Not exactly what I need to be doing, but always a good time to watch people "show out".

• Stayed May 2013
Leon Y, General Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Hello and thank you for coming and staying with us. Our rooms are spacious and some have the best views of the Hollywood sign and the Capital Records building. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the full W Hollywood experience in our Living Room Bar. We have an amazing cocktail selection and the people watching is unparalleled. It is always nice to step into the spotlight for a little while. I hope that we see you again soon.

Los Angeles
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Had the best stay here over the weekend with a friend. The hotel is beautiful and the room was really nice. Our room was situated on the floor right beneath the Drais nightclub, but we barely heard the music so that was no problem at all. We were warned beforehand that this was a party-hotel, so we expected a lot of noise and disturbances. In reality our room was quiet and relaxing, while we had access to the nightlife right outside our door - perfect!
The best part is the customer service. Everyone who works at the W were just great and helped us with everything during our stay. They were pleasant, approachable and made us feel so welcome. The concierge especially were amazing and helped us with reservations and recommendations for what to do while we were in town. We had some unforgettable experiences because of their help, which I will be forever grateful for!
I highly recommend the W - it´s expensive, but it´s so worth it!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Leon Y, General Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Hi – I am so pleased to hear that you had such a memorable trip while staying with us. I am glad to hear you embraced the Hollywood lifestyle throughout your stay. Our Talent strives to provide the best customer service to all of our guests and it seems you received just that. They often know the best spots to nightlife, dining and more. Experiencing Hollywood with our insider tips is sure to create some lasting memories. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best wishes,
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Great location, small rooms and not the best decor but still cozy and W worthy. When I compare I compare to other W hotels, this hotel room is still far above and beyond non- W hotel rooms. Very close to hollywood strip, if you're into that. This hotel was very centralized which is great when dealing with LA traffic. So I had a little issue with valet, every organization had an idiot. I dealt with the issue and spoke with the front desk and they quickly worked to accommodate me for my inconvenience. I don't think I got the full complaint out before they were fixing it. This place is not a family hotel and they tell you when you book it. On the weekend the lobby turns into a packed out club so make sure you have your room key to get back I'm the hotel. Overall it was a great hotel, good representation of W brand hotels.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank luvmatel
Leon Y, General Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Hello and thank you for staying with on your recent trip. Our unique style defines not only what this hotel is as a W Hotel, but also captures the limelight of Hollywood. I am glad you enjoyed our centralized location and lively atmosphere in The Living Room. We are in the best location for any activity you can think of. I am happy to hear that your issue with the valet was quickly resolved and you went on to enjoy your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed at the W Hollywood for a 6 night stay - 1 day of business, 5 days of vacation with friends. I was a little leery of staying at the W because of the party reputation. But that fear quickly evaporated as soon as I checked in. A beautiful hotel, first class customer service all around, a great stay.

Pros:
. if you need to be in Hollywood but want to avoid the heart of the tourist insanity on Hollywood Blvd, the W is a good choice (as is the Redbury). The W really benefits by being right next to the subway entrance - couldn't be more convenient!
. I stayed in a standard room and loved it - comfortable bed, nice decor (yes, it's all white and clean and modern - not very warm and cozy but it is a W and the cool decor fits the W brand well)
. the bathroom - loved, loved, loved the Bliss amenities in the bathroom! the bathroom is big too. As other reviewers have pointed out, the clear wall on the shower facing the bedroom is a little odd but totally goes with the cool sexy vibe of the decor - the shower is truly amazing, also very big and roomy
. the W pairs up with Acura - you can have a luxurious Acura town car take you where you need to go within 5 miles of the hotel, free of charge. This is an incredible service. If a car is available, take advantage of this service. It's wonderful
. the customer service is excellent - at the front desk they tried to get me an upgrade to a room with a view but none were available. I honestly didn't mind, i was happy to stay put in the room I had. but the front desk offered my 2 free cocktail vouchers to enjoy in the Living Room Bar to make up for the upgrade which I happily accepted and used within 24 hours!
. and the restaurant Delphine is terrific - I only had breakfast there and yes it's pricey but the food is delicious and again, the customer service was excellent - the hostesses and waiters and waitresses were so friendly and professional, and they provide free newspapers too

Cons:
. although I wasn't overwhelmed by the party atmosphere, it does exist - especially on weekends, it's really out of control. And the crowd unfortunately consists of Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton, Jersey Shore wannabes (though why you would want to be any of them is a mystery...). The good thing is, security is everywhere. Again, this is really only out of control only on Fridays and Saturdays, during the week it's nonexistent
. the WiFi is not great - I constantly had to re-log in over and over throughout my stay which was annoying

That said, I do recommend the W in Hollywood. Yes, you can find cheaper alternatives but the level of service here is worth the price.

Room Tip: To avoid nightclub noise, ask for a room on a middle floor (like floor 5 or 6). My room was on 6 and...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank eastdeparture
Leon Y, General Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Hello and thank you for posting a review on your awesome experience. I am so glad to hear that we made you feel comfortable throughout your stay. We are the perfect location for any activity you can think of – from shopping and dining to sightseeing. The décor of our rooms offers a functional, stylish space. The Bliss Spa amenities are an added luxury in every room. You should stop in and try a service in Bliss Spa the next time you are in town. They are the best. Our Living Room Bar has great specialty cocktails so I am glad you got to have a few on us.

I have already shared your compliments with our team and they look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Had a stay-cation at the W Hollywood just because...

We got a fabulous room - room was clean, and with a color theme - blue - makes me happy. We spent the afternoon at the pool on the roof top, I spent most of my time people watching. We also took advantage of the travelzoo voucher at the bliss spa and enjoyed 2 hours of spa.

We also partied at Drai's - i heard they would give entry passes to SPG gold/plat but I didn't get that as a plat (not sure if that's true or not). But the front desk staff helped us to track down the liaison person with the club and he helped us to skip the lines and got in. Awesome party scene.

If you are staying at this hotel for the weekend, make sure you don't stay close to the roof top floors - you probably won't be able to sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple