“Amazing! Great customer service!”
Review of W Hollywood

W Hollywood
Ranked #70 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Los Angeles
“Amazing! Great customer service!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Had the best stay here over the weekend with a friend. The hotel is beautiful and the room was really nice. Our room was situated on the floor right beneath the Drais nightclub, but we barely heard the music so that was no problem at all. We were warned beforehand that this was a party-hotel, so we expected a lot of noise and disturbances. In reality our room was quiet and relaxing, while we had access to the nightlife right outside our door - perfect!
The best part is the customer service. Everyone who works at the W were just great and helped us with everything during our stay. They were pleasant, approachable and made us feel so welcome. The concierge especially were amazing and helped us with reservations and recommendations for what to do while we were in town. We had some unforgettable experiences because of their help, which I will be forever grateful for!
I highly recommend the W - it´s expensive, but it´s so worth it!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Leon Y, General Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Hi – I am so pleased to hear that you had such a memorable trip while staying with us. I am glad to hear you embraced the Hollywood lifestyle throughout your stay. Our Talent strives to provide the best customer service to all of our guests and it seems you received just that. They often know the best spots to nightlife, dining and more. Experiencing Hollywood with our insider tips is sure to create some lasting memories. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best wishes,
Leon Y.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Great location, small rooms and not the best decor but still cozy and W worthy. When I compare I compare to other W hotels, this hotel room is still far above and beyond non- W hotel rooms. Very close to hollywood strip, if you're into that. This hotel was very centralized which is great when dealing with LA traffic. So I had a little issue with valet, every organization had an idiot. I dealt with the issue and spoke with the front desk and they quickly worked to accommodate me for my inconvenience. I don't think I got the full complaint out before they were fixing it. This place is not a family hotel and they tell you when you book it. On the weekend the lobby turns into a packed out club so make sure you have your room key to get back I'm the hotel. Overall it was a great hotel, good representation of W brand hotels.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank luvmatel
Leon Y, General Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Hello and thank you for staying with on your recent trip. Our unique style defines not only what this hotel is as a W Hotel, but also captures the limelight of Hollywood. I am glad you enjoyed our centralized location and lively atmosphere in The Living Room. We are in the best location for any activity you can think of. I am happy to hear that your issue with the valet was quickly resolved and you went on to enjoy your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

All the best,
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed at the W Hollywood for a 6 night stay - 1 day of business, 5 days of vacation with friends. I was a little leery of staying at the W because of the party reputation. But that fear quickly evaporated as soon as I checked in. A beautiful hotel, first class customer service all around, a great stay.

Pros:
. if you need to be in Hollywood but want to avoid the heart of the tourist insanity on Hollywood Blvd, the W is a good choice (as is the Redbury). The W really benefits by being right next to the subway entrance - couldn't be more convenient!
. I stayed in a standard room and loved it - comfortable bed, nice decor (yes, it's all white and clean and modern - not very warm and cozy but it is a W and the cool decor fits the W brand well)
. the bathroom - loved, loved, loved the Bliss amenities in the bathroom! the bathroom is big too. As other reviewers have pointed out, the clear wall on the shower facing the bedroom is a little odd but totally goes with the cool sexy vibe of the decor - the shower is truly amazing, also very big and roomy
. the W pairs up with Acura - you can have a luxurious Acura town car take you where you need to go within 5 miles of the hotel, free of charge. This is an incredible service. If a car is available, take advantage of this service. It's wonderful
. the customer service is excellent - at the front desk they tried to get me an upgrade to a room with a view but none were available. I honestly didn't mind, i was happy to stay put in the room I had. but the front desk offered my 2 free cocktail vouchers to enjoy in the Living Room Bar to make up for the upgrade which I happily accepted and used within 24 hours!
. and the restaurant Delphine is terrific - I only had breakfast there and yes it's pricey but the food is delicious and again, the customer service was excellent - the hostesses and waiters and waitresses were so friendly and professional, and they provide free newspapers too

Cons:
. although I wasn't overwhelmed by the party atmosphere, it does exist - especially on weekends, it's really out of control. And the crowd unfortunately consists of Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton, Jersey Shore wannabes (though why you would want to be any of them is a mystery...). The good thing is, security is everywhere. Again, this is really only out of control only on Fridays and Saturdays, during the week it's nonexistent
. the WiFi is not great - I constantly had to re-log in over and over throughout my stay which was annoying

That said, I do recommend the W in Hollywood. Yes, you can find cheaper alternatives but the level of service here is worth the price.

Room Tip: To avoid nightclub noise, ask for a room on a middle floor (like floor 5 or 6). My room was on 6 and...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank eastdeparture
Leon Y, General Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Hello and thank you for posting a review on your awesome experience. I am so glad to hear that we made you feel comfortable throughout your stay. We are the perfect location for any activity you can think of – from shopping and dining to sightseeing. The décor of our rooms offers a functional, stylish space. The Bliss Spa amenities are an added luxury in every room. You should stop in and try a service in Bliss Spa the next time you are in town. They are the best. Our Living Room Bar has great specialty cocktails so I am glad you got to have a few on us.

I have already shared your compliments with our team and they look forward to welcoming you back soon!

All the best,
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Had a stay-cation at the W Hollywood just because...

We got a fabulous room - room was clean, and with a color theme - blue - makes me happy. We spent the afternoon at the pool on the roof top, I spent most of my time people watching. We also took advantage of the travelzoo voucher at the bliss spa and enjoyed 2 hours of spa.

We also partied at Drai's - i heard they would give entry passes to SPG gold/plat but I didn't get that as a plat (not sure if that's true or not). But the front desk staff helped us to track down the liaison person with the club and he helped us to skip the lines and got in. Awesome party scene.

If you are staying at this hotel for the weekend, make sure you don't stay close to the roof top floors - you probably won't be able to sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the W Hollywood on the last night of our US honeymoon. We loved the hotel and our whole experience, especially the concierge service and free trip to anywhere we wanted in a town car!
Our room was very relaxing and luxe; we made the most of the comfortable bed by having a night in.
We enjoyed dinner at Delphine's, and a couple of drinks in the hotel bar, finding the service to be friendly and on-point.
We wished at the end of our stay that we had more time in LA than just the one night, so will certainly be back to explore more at some stage, and back at the W Hollywood for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

For those that want to stay in Hollywood, I totally recommend this place. This place stands out like a shining beacon in an otherwise dump of a place called Hollywood.

Walking inside will take your breath away and it is always buzzing with activity. The rooms are very spacious, modern and clean. I wish I could remember the name of the ambassador at the door but hats off to him as he was always friendly and helpful.

The location is handy for those who want to check out Hollywood (which I recommend to give it a miss) and also a quick cab ride to Universal Studios.

However it is not a hotel for those that want peace and quiet. There is a nightclub upstairs which is pumping away during the night and the lobby is always busy.

But for those who wants to experience the Hollywood night life and be seen, then this is the one for you.

• Stayed April 2013
Lake Lotawana
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Great location in Hollywood. Stayed here for the TCM film festival. Very quiet rooms. Vibrant location if you want to be in Hollywood. Within walking distance to all theaters. Great bar scene. Room service was excellent. Enjoyed the living Room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple