“LA glamour”
Review of W Hollywood

W Hollywood
Ranked #74 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at W - the room was spacious and glamorous! The staff were friendly and helpful; and the location was perfect for us as we were seeing a show right over the road. Only drawbacks were the slightly sketchy location and the ridiculous price of a phone call, so watch out. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would return.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Sunday night at the W hollywood, live jazz to relax your mind with a glass of wine. I plan on going next weekend again! Musical vibes, just show your ID at the door and enjoy sweet jazz. I enjoyed my Sunday night, very calm, cool and relaxing. Since I've been to LA this is the best Sunday thus far! Big up to Chris "W insider" nuff respect!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank BrooklynJournal
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

I am so glad you were able to join us for Sunday Night Jazz! Brenna Whitaker and her Little Big Band are an AMAZING show, and each week gets better and better.

I will be sure to pass along your compliments to Chris, and have a great day!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is the first time I stay in a W hotel. I thought I would love a trendy hotel like W Hollywood, but now I have a mixed feeling about it.

At first sight, the hotel is very impressive with its big red logo and glamorous "living room". The room itself is not crowded in an LA standard. The bed is super comfortable, and the sound of sea is really fun. However, at night it gets incredibly noisy. I live in 11th floor, and the 12th floor is a night club which seems to be very popular. So till 3am, you'll not be able to sleep. The staff all get very anxious and angry, and I don't know why. In short, if you're looking for warm and relaxing hospitality, it's not the place.

The neighborhood can get a little bit scary at night. There's a Starbucks just a block away. It gets super busy in the morning if you want a coffee and a breakfast sandwich.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Hello, and thank you for staying at W Hollywood, it is always our goal to provide amazing experiences! The nightlife at W Hollywood is one of the key elements of our property, from Station Hollywood to Drai’s Hollywood on the rooftop. It is a high energy, adult experience that often goes late into the night.

While making sure our guests are taken care of is a top priority, we do our best to let everyone know that the W Hollywood experience is a very vibrant one. While we do offer quieter rooms for guests who want a reprieve, I hope next time you are looking for a fun night out, you think of us!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

The place is nice, clean and beautiful. It has an extravagant decor with a hollywood style. The rooms are spacious and everything seem brand new. On the other had, the rooms have a serious acoustic problem. You can hear everything from the other rooms nearby. Everytime somebody slams a door on the same floor you hear it quite loud in your room. There is also a serious security problem. Anybody can go up to the second floor where my room was located. The location of the hotel is also bad. There are many homeless people and strange figures on the streets nearby. I would't go back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to see you enjoyed the property and the decor of the rooms.
We take the safety guests very seriously, and have a 24 hour a day on property Risk team. I will be sure to pass your feedback along.

The Hollywood area is in the middle of a comeback, and we love helping bring the glamour back to Hollywood. I personally love our location right across from Pantages Theater, and on the Walk of Fame.

I am sorry to see you would not return. However, next time you are looking for a fantastic Hollywood experience, I hope you consider us!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

As an educator, I guide my students when they need my guidance. Likewise, I am always quick to let my students know when they have done well. Several of the staff at the Hollywood W went above and beyond our expectations. Ellie in Events/marketing was very helpful in making the reservations and sent wine and fruit to our room as an extra bonus. Nick from room service delivered a pizza to us for dinner one night and then surprised us 30 minutes later with 4 warm delicious chocolate chip cookies and a glass of milk for my 3 year old grand daughter. RJ at the front desk quickly produced 2 band aids when my grand daughter fell while skipping on the stars on Hollywood Drive. All of the staff that we interacted with were cheerful and friendly. Thank you for your purposeful practice of hiring staff who will make you proud and us happy. Cynthia St. Louis, MO

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Hello, and thank you for the nice comments! We love hearing positive feedback, especially when it comes to our Talent members.

We love to create lasting memories, and I am so glad that Ellie, Nick, and RJ were able to make your experience with us that much better.

I hope your granddaughter recovered from her Walk of Fame tumble!

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Reviewed December 12, 2012

The W Hollywood was our first stop on a month long trip of the West Coast and after a very long flight we were warmly welcomed with an early check in.
Everthing from our welcome, the room, hotel amenities, free Accor transport to the food was exceptional. As nice as the hotel is the highlight would have to be the staff. This is a very high energy hotel downstairs, but with clean, quiet and well appointed rooms upstairs. We would definitely stay here again. Would love to stay during the US summer so we could make use of the amazing pool area upstairs.
Hotel Feature Tip: Take advantage of the free Accor transport and make the time to chat with the people downstairs - they are very friendly and will give you lots of tips about what to do around the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for making a pit stop at W Hollywood on your West Coast tour! It is always a pleasure to hear that our Talent and their dedication to service really impact a guest’s stay.

Our complimentary Acura service is a great amenity that we offer, and I am glad you were able to take advantage of it!

Looking forward to your return this summer to take advantage of WET!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

For those of you wanting to enjoy a peaceful rest at this hotel, do not stay here Friday to Sunday. In the three nights we stayed at this hotel, we were not able to sleep until about 3 am in the morning due to the noise from the night club on the top floor and we were in the quietest part of the hotel! When we called the front desk there was little they could do but speak to management but it seems the hotel's first priority during the weekend is the "club" guests rather than its hotel guests.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank AlbertaCanadian

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us in Hollywood. We do our best to let our guests know that W Hollywood offers a very late night, high energy experience, especially on the weekends.

I can assure you that our guests are always the top priority for us, and many of our guests choose to stay at W Hollywood for the complete experience.

I do hope next time you are looking for a fun night out and a glamorous Hollywood experience, you think of us.