“LA sunset strip”
Review of W Hollywood

W Hollywood
Ranked #75 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I recently stayed in the "W" on the strip and was pleasantly surprised. It was a very chill atmosphere and a good upscale/hip crowd. Too bad they close at 2am, In Miami we are just getting started! There was a rooftop party which was pretty happening if you want to bottle it up but beware because staying in the hotel does not guarantee entrance so dress to impress, I saw a few people getting denied...

I enjoyed my hotel as I always get great treatment at all the "W" hotels and this one was what I expected.

Room Tip: 12 floor bigger rooms are always available because of the noise complaints from the rooftop party, s...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have stayed here twice and both times the service was just ok. The second visit was better than the first but still it is lacking for what the W brand is made out to be. The room was nice, modern, and clean, no complaints. The rest of the hotel matches, all modern, nice looking and in the style I prefer. However there is defiantly this sort of pervasive attitude of entitlement that exists with the staff which is sort of nuts since they are there to serve you, not the other way around. However I find that is often the case with the W. There is this almost condescending attitude that they have and you are left feeling like they are dismissive of you as a person. Now I am far from a big shot, I am no famous person, just a regular guy on a business trip but does that mean I shouldnt be treated warmly? The staff does their job, I havent had an issue with them, but it just all feels so shallow and ultimately I dont feel welcomed when I stay there. I suppose it is just a difference in what I expect from a hotel and what the W brand is supposed to be about. To me the cool, sleek, modernity of the hotel should end with the architecture and furniture and not carry over to the staff. Their aloofness and distance is not endearing or attractive. I want to feel welcomed with warm friendly and attentive service which is just not what is offered at this particular hotel.

Room Tip: I am a deep sleeper and didnt have issues but others from my company said that the constant party at...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Hello, and thank you for your continued visits, and providing us with feedback on your stay. We appreciate any chance our guests give us to improve our level of service. It is always our intention to make each of our guests feel extremely welcome.

I apologize you found our Talent anything less than stellar. We pride ourselves on offering an amazing level of service to each person who arrives.

I invite you back on your next visit to Los Angeles, I know that we can show you an amazing W experience.

Brad.wulff@whotels.com

Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Located next to Hollywood and Vine and on top of a metro station, this hotel has an excellent location. The decor is what one would want for a Hollywood hotel - glitz, twinkling lights, and a trendy syle. The hotel's "whatever/whenever" service is marvelous and the staff is generally very friendly. However, for some strange reason the hotel has chosen to skip some of the basics - the lobby shop is very poorly stocked (a lot of hats and accessories, but not the type of drug store items a traveler tends to need), there is no coffee bar in the lobby or coffee machine in the room (the Starbucks a block away must love this place), and there is no hotel van to the airport. Not fatal flaws, but strange shortcomings for a hotel that generally does "service" quite well.

• Stayed: October 2012
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Hello and thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed our location and the design of our property. We love bringing the glamour back to Hollywood!
I am sorry to see that other aspects of our property did not meet your expectations. Our W Hotels The Store is different than a traditional gift shop, and has a focus on fashion as well as some of the basics. Our Whatever/Whenever service is always stocked with anything you would need as a traveler, and available 24 hours a day. We also have in room coffee makers available upon request.

As far as transportation, we are located on top of the Metro, and have our complimentary Acura car service for any location in Hollywood. Additionally we would always be happy to arrange transportation to and from the airport.

I hope that next time you are in the Los Angeles area you think of us, I know we would love to welcome you back.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Awesome hotel, great location, very good service. But why charge 15 USD per day per person to use the internet? Two people in a room both using Internet at same time costs 30, it's obscene. Also 38.50 a day for parking when it's 10 a day across the street. And 20 for a ppv movie when it's 10 to watch the same movie in the theatre round the corner. When you're paying so much for the hotel already it seems opportunistic to rip customers off.

Room Tip: 12th floor gets noisy so stay 4-8 if possible
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am glad to see that you enjoyed our property and service. We love receiving service based compliments, it means our Talent team is doing it right! I so apologize that the pricing on some of the offerings did not meet your expectations.

We do our best to clearly identify the price point on anything at the property, and I can assure you that it is very competitive within similar hotels in the area. It is never our intention for a guest to feel that they are being 'ripped off'.

While there are parking options in Hollywood, our Wheels Valet offers a safe and convenient place to keep your car during your stay. We also offer complimentary high speed wireless internet in our Living Room for all of our guests.

I do hope next time you are in Hollywood you consider staying with us again.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My friend and I stayed for a "girls week-end" from Thursday-Sunday. The people were great. A special shout out to Chris for all his help with reservations and getting into clubs appropriate for our age (we are over 40). The rooms were clean but on the very small side even with an upgrade. However, the location, restaurants and clubs inside the hotel make up for it. We went on 2 tours and rented a car that was delivered and picked up from the hotel. Everything was very convenient. Even when we had a problem with room service, management was extremely helpful in resolving the issue. There is a nightclub on the 12th floor so try and get a lower room floor if noise bothers you. I would also highly recommend the spa, were we had fantastic massages. The pool area is also very pretty though the weather was too cold to swim while we were there. Even the lobby was a happening place were you could have drinks and people watch.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Hello, and thank you for spending your “girls week-end” with us! We love being part of special occasions and fun getaways.

Our Insider Chris is really an asset, and I am glad you got to experience his expertise. He is the ultimate insider for all of Hollywood. It is great you had a chance to experience so many features of the property, including our WET deck and Bliss Spa.

It sounds like your weekend was a success, and we look forward to seeing you next time you need a quick escape!

Brad

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I'd read mixed reviews about this hotel, some reviewers saying it was noisy or that the staff was unfriendly, so I was a little uncertain about what I would find after purchasing the room on priceline.com. However, I stayed here on Thursday night and Friday night and had a good experience. While the lobby and bar areas were noisy at night, my room on the third floor was totally quiet. And, the staff was always very helpful when I had questions.
I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at W Hollywood. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your experience, especially with our Talent.

It is always our goal to provide an amazing level of service, and we love receiving compliments on it. Thank you very much for your intent to return, I know we are all looking forward to it.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We loved this hotel - it was very modern and sleek, and contrary to other reviews, we found the staff to be very professional and courteous. Only negative was that the bed was very soft. Great location at Hollywood & Vine, right at the subway station, and across the street from the Pantages theater.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello, and thank you for the review. I am glad to see you loved our property, I do too! Our entire Talent team really takes service seriously, and I am glad to see that was your experience with us.

I am sorry to see you did not enjoy our Signature W Bed, we usually get great reviews about it.
I hope next time you are in Hollywood you return!

Thanks again,