“50th birthday”

Ranked #68 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
cornwall
“50th birthday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Very nice clean hotel,staff very helpful.Ideal base for exploring L.A Great views from rooftop pool.Only one thing if you dont do twentys something be prepared for party party.on the whole would def recomend

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Hello, and thank you for spending your 50th Birthday with W Hollywood! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and the view from the roof is amazing.

W Hollywood does have a very active nightlife, but it sounds like you enjoyed the atmosphere! Thank you very much for the recommendation, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Brad W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

The hotel overall looks nice and is well maintained, the location is good, with the metro just outside and options to walk, there are really loud parties at night, room furniture poor quality, there are no coffee or tea making facilities in the room, but it would have been OK if the staff had even tried a little. It was as though any request was too much trouble.

Stayed September 2012
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at W Hollywood. We pride ourselves on providing a Whatever/Whenever level of service that is unparalleled. I am so sorry to see that was not the case during your stay.

I hope you allow us the chance to show you a true W Hollywood experience on your next visit to Los Angeles. I know our Talent can impress.

Camberley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

On our trip to America where we also stayed at the Argonaut in San Francisco and the Wynn Las Vegas, the W was the hotel we were most worried over due to past reviews. The W was a really nice hotel though. With the exception of our check in where at first we were given 2 rooms, then they cancelled the upgraded room and gave us the standard, until finally we got the upgrade which we had payed for. The concierge was excellent and only too happy to help with any problems/ questions which we had. I think the location is not the best unless you have a car as we did. With a car the location is perfect really, for The Griffith Observatory, Universal Studios (10min drive away), Santa Monica Pier (about 25mins drive away). If you haven't got a car, there is a Metro station right next door. Delphines restaurant was pricey but worth it. Had breakfast and a couple of evening meals here and it was a high standard. The room was spacious and always well cleaned. If you're visiting Hollywood for the first time, this is the place to stay, however next time we go to LA we will be staying nearer to the beach, that's not down to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
Hello, and thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to the United States. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our location on right on Hollywood & Vine is in the heart of Hollywood, with sights like the Pantages Theater and the Hollywood Walk of Fame right outside. I am happy you had a chance to dine at Delphine, the Raw Bar on Mondays is my absolute favorite!

Although you want to be next to the beach on your next visit, I hope we can welcome you back to Hollywood soon!

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed overnight when I went for a show at the Avalon club on Vine at Hollywood. I had a Cozy corner room which was lovely except for the billboard that stayed illuminated all night long. The desk said they had a blackout curtain on that window but I couldn't see how it worked in the middle of the night. Drai's on the rooftop for late lunch was marvelous especially in gorgeous, sunny & clear weathr.

Room Tip: Hollywood Blvd is alway noisy so if you want quiet try the (east or west) sides or back of the hotel...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mary E
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

i have visited to a lot of hotels in LA , it is an outstanding hotel clean and staff , The W seems to be a high luxury hotel young's , so it should be little bet chipper . And by the way that was the first time in my life that i went to the front disk and thank them for the staying . i'll defiantly recommend it for my friends .
and one more thing i am SPG member and i spent with my friends 500$ but they haven't include it in my SPG points

Again thank u W

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and thank you so much for recommending our hotel to your friends. We really appreciate it!

I hope your SPG issues have been resolved, but please reach out directly to me at brad.wulff@whotels.com if they have not yet been addressed.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

Absolutely gorgeous hotel, everything is in tip top condition, we really enjoyed our time in california mainly due to the fantastic staff at the W, being from England we had no idea how to get around LA or where anything was, Shannon was absolutely amazing and helped us plan every trip we made, even arranging a car to take us to rodeo drive-free!! We would of been lost with out her so we're very grateful!
The hotel has a lovely warm feel to it, especially of an evening when the fires are lit around the outdoor bar, they had Martin sorrow perform in the lobby upon our return to the hotel one evening, which was fantastic.
there is no noise of an evening to disrupt your much needed sleep in this busy state, and the beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in!
Only thing I didn't like about the hotel was the glass panel in the bedroom which directly faced the toilet.
We went to drais one night, being from a busy city myself with a great nightlife drais was a bit of a let down for me, maybe that's just LA but the music wasn't great and no one was dancing, it looked pretty though.

All in all this was a great hotel to start our honeymoon at!

Thank you W Hollywood!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AimeeTravis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

The hotel is full of rowdy people who appear drunk. Not the usual crowd you expect at W hotels elsewhere but I guess this is Hollywood and LA. I called the hotel "whatever whenever" at 11pm to report loud music and noise from next door. The woman told me this is a high energy hotel! I certainly believe an excellent hotel can be hip yet respect that hotel guests need peaceful rest near midnight. Staff training is sorely needed!

• Stayed September 2012
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. You are correct, it is always important that our guests feel comfortable in their rooms. I do apologize for how the situation was handled, and that your rest was disturbed. As our venues are open until 2am, it can be a lively scene late, especially on the weekends.

I do hope next time you are looking for a night out in Hollywood, we can welcome you back.