“If you are drunk, or just want to be, stay here.”
Review of W Hollywood

W Hollywood
Ranked #75 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The ethos of this hotel, if there is one, is that of partying until dawn. The lobby becomes an extremely crowded and loud club in the evening, and stays that way until at least 2 a.m. We stayed when in town for a gig at the Greek Theatre in Griffith Park - it was chosen by the band's tour manager - it's not a place we'd have picked for ourselves. Everything is hard edged and plastic (or appears to be plastic). The staff is very helpful, if a bit on the hipper-than-thou side. If you're in LA for a big party, then this is the place for you. Otherwise, something different might be a better fit.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank nobleviola
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at W Hollywood. We appreciate any feedback that we receive from our guests. W Hollywood is indeed a very lively and high energy adult environment.

I am so glad that you found our Talent to be helpful. It is always our intention that each of our guests feel extremely welcome from the moment that they walk in.

Next time you are looking for an amazing night out in Hollywood, we invite you back!

Brad W.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

First time to LA and we decided to stay at the W hotel. The hotel had really nice entrance; the rooms were nice as well. We stayed for four nights from Saturday. The pool is owned by the attached nightclub and we could not use it during the weekend however it was available to use on weekdays.
I didn’t like the location, it was a little far from the food and tourist attractions, however a train station is right next door and we took the train many times, it was only one stop.

Room Tip: Just be aware a nightclub is nearby and to ask for a room far away if you want a peaceful sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I travel to LA many times throughout the year, mainly on business. Typically, I stay at the W Westwood, but on this particular trip I thought I'd mix it up. I'm glad I did.

The W Hollywood is the Westwood's hipper cousin. While still delivering on swank and style, the W Hollywood amps up the buzz factor. The lobby is an impressively large and beautifully lit space, and its ample size allows you and your group to carve out an area to call your own.

The rooms themselves are sleek and clean. They also contain a bouquet of accessories - I particularly enjoyed the sleep/sound machine and the available iPhone alarm clock/dock.

The staff could not have been more accommodating and friendly.

I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Matthew M

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at W Hollywood. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your experience.

If there is one thing that W Hollywood has, it’s buzz! I love our Living Room as well- the Grand Staircase is beautiful and my personal favorite.

We do receive a lot of compliments on the style of our rooms, I am glad that you enjoyed them.

We definitely look forward to welcoming you back!

Brad W.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Usually we stay at The Roosevelt but decided to change it up. The room was great, service was amazing and if you like a active hotel, I have never seen a better crowd. We went to a pool party at Drais and were treated like VIP's by the hotel liason. Chris Nelson from start to finish made sure we were taken care of. He was incredibly responsive prior to arrival and followed through to make sure we had a great time. This seemed to be a consistent theme throughout our stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

A pleasant stay was cut short when, having enjoyed a few hours in the chaise lounges by the pool me and my friends were told to vacate our chairs for a 'special event' that we had neither been warned about or invited to. And this is the rub: the swimming pool, as it turns out, is actually run by a nightclub outfit called 'Drais'. 'Drais' apparently has control over this area of the W property. In our case, we were told that we could remain in the chaise lounges, but, when the 'special event' began, we wold incur at $200 charge per chair. So... see ya later.
My friends and I decided to check out of the hotel rather than remain 'guests' of a facility where we weren't wanted. The hotel manager was apologetic, but also kind of defensive, asserting that we shouldn't have been so surprised to have been evicted from our chaises as "most hotels have special events on long holiday weekends". Whatever.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank DCDcflyer

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at W Hollywood. At W Hollywood we strive to ensure that our guests have amazing experiences, and I apologize that this was not the case.

I understand your frustrations, this type of special event is not typical of a stay at W Hollywood. When they do occur, we do our best to communicate it to our guests. I apologize that you were caught unaware by the Labor Day programming at Drai’s.

I can assure you that we value our guests, and I am sorry that you felt anything but extremely welcome at W Hollywood. I invite you back on your next visit to Los Angeles, as I know that we can provide you with an unrivaled stay in Hollywood. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at Brad.Wulff@whotels.com.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

like all W's very trendy, i was expecting staff to be ultra-hip/too cool but they were all very sweet, nice, friendly, helpful etc. good location not too touristy area but convenient to everything. good parking options, easy to get a cab. good workout space and larger rooms than many W's. would absolutely stay there again

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us!

I am so pleased to see that you would stay with us again, we are excited to welcome you back soon. I appreciate the compliments about our Talent, that means a lot!

Looking forward to next time,

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We could not have asked for more! Clean and spacious room, excellent service from all the staff . The food in the downstairs bar / terrace was very good value for money. The Coca cola drinks we had in the pool bar were free refills - which was very welcome during the day. The only downside was the $38.50 charge per night for parking. The wheels staff were very efficient, and friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking area were quite noisy late at night.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sheffield293

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our W Insider, Chris, is amazing, and I am so glad he was able to assist you in making your bachelorette party a success.

We love making special moments memorable, and I hope to welcome you back next time you are in the Hollywood area.