“I would NEVER stay here again!!!!!”
Review of W Hollywood

W Hollywood
Ranked #72 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
McLean, Virginia
“I would NEVER stay here again!!!!!”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I am a Platinum member of the SPG program and have never experienced service this bad in the past four years I have been staying at SPG property. The service at this hotel is well below the high standards I would expect when staying at an SPG property, I have stayed in W Hotels around the world, the W Hollywood is by far the WORST. If you are looking for a hotel that responds very slowly to requests, this is the place to stay. I had to call down four times to get my luggage delivered, six times to have my dry cleaning delivered, and left more than ten messages within an hour asking the concierge to return my call (the concierge never returned my call). Also, when speaking to the "not so helpful" whatever whenever representative asking about places in the area to order delivery I was first told to search the Internet to find a place and when I probed further about restaurants was asked "would you like me to choose your food for you too?". This is the WORST W hotel for service, I would NOT recommend this place to anyone, and I will NEVER stay here again!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ck1013
w_hollywood_10, General Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
I apologize for any transgressions in service. We pay attention to all our guest needs, but in particular those of SPG Platinum's. As I am familiar with the circumstances of your situation and would request you contact me directly.

Cordially -

Jim McPartlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 2, 2011

The W Hollywood was absolutely gorgeous! We booked the Wonderful Room for 6 nights. We flew in on a flight from Sydney Australia and we couldn’t wait to freshen up at our hotel. We arrived at the door of our room and we noticed the peep hole had diamontes around it! very stylish touch to Hollywood! As we walked into our room we were completely blown away at how cute and neat everything was. The bathroom was gorgeous and very very clean, the bed was to die for – so comfy and relaxing and the Grey Goose vodka bottle sitting on the stylish bar caught our eye immediately!! They also changed the mats on the elevator floor to say "Good Morning" "Good Afternoon" "Good Evening" cute little touch!

Straight away we freshened up and made our way out to explore Hollywood Boulevard!! The lobby was gorgeous – a nice bar, couches and people everywhere. Free WIFI is also in the lobby area but if you want to use it in your room then you’ll need to pay a charge.

Along Hollywood Boulevard there are a couple of dining options. There was a great little chicken eatery – good selection of chicken and chips! YUM!! A little further down I have to recommend KATSUYA – the best sushi I have ever tasted. I recommend trying the Panko Chicken – very delish!!!!

DRAI’S nightclub is also a part of the hotel. Don’t expect to get in straight away just because you are a hotel guest. Luckily we are girls and had an aussie accent – that got us in after a little wait! Great great great club!!! Funky atmosphere and a lot of fun! I would definitely recommend staying at the W – beautiful hotel, friendly people, a couple of food options and a cute place to experience the “Hollywood” lifestyle!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The staff were the greatest...made you feel very special....Social party pool scene on Friday and Saturday afternoons are something to watch...everyone just talks and hang with total strangers...the lobby area is the place to be seen in the evennings...my wife and I will return soon as we live in Palm Springs Ca

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
Reviewed July 31, 2011

My mother and I recently took my two young nieces (ages 7 and 9) to see Shrek at the Pantages, and we stayed across the street at the W Hollywood. After making my reservation, I emailed the hotel manager and ask if the room we booked would give my nieces a nice view, since it was their first time to Hollywood, or if we should change to a different type of room. Not only did they ensure we had a fantastic room with a perfect view of the Pantages and Capital Records, but they even sent over treats for us to enjoy before the theatre! My nieces were in heaven, prancing around in their hotel robes and sipping sparkling cider from martini glasses. The hotel staff were all very helpful and very nice. The maid for our floor even got to know our names and chatted with my nieces every time she saw them. We had a great time and can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: The rooms and decor are just beautiful, but it is on Hollywood Blvd. so the higher up you are, you h...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much! We had fun planning for this one and I am glad you enjoyed not only the hotel, but the show, too. (I also appreciate the tips you gave me!) Please return again soon. Let's see what other magic we can make happen.

Best -

Jim
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed July 31, 2011

This was a superb experience. Friendly staff and everything works as expected. All Hollywood just on your doorstep. The rooms are nice and fashionable. You can see the Hollywood sign from the rooftop terrace.

Overall this is what you would expect from a 4 star design hotel. I wouldn't know about the extra services they offer, but I could expect them to be on the highest standards as well.

I will definately stay in W hotels around the world also in the future. I would recommend to anyone, who is tired of empty promises from other hotel chains. W hotels are guaranteed quality!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed July 30, 2011

The W hotel is centrally located on Hollywood Boulevard (aka the street with the stars). Typical W format with funky rooms, sexy staff but the attitude that also comes with that. This is definately a hotel that people stay at or visit to be "seen". Lots of A listers in the hotel bars and Pool area each evening (where "fashionable swimwear" is recommended). Rooms are functional, beds good quality.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2011

A girlfriend and I stayed here while visiting our kids who live in L.A. I must say, the lobby is very impressive! It is bustling with people. The bar area is very open and part of the lobby, plus there is a very cool bar area outside with couches and fire pits. We were upgraded to a suite and it was amazing. There was a circular sofa in the middle of the huge room with a sheer white curtain around it and a disco ball overhead! Very over the top. We only had an issue with our tv--could never get it to work. Finally, we called down and a worker was sent up. All it needed was a new battery. However, when we went to turn it on the next day, it said Set Lock: On and still wouldn't work. We just gave up. A minor issue. The bath products are all Bliss and fantastic. Bathroom was also huge.The workout room is okay, not that big, but acceptable. I went up to the pool on my last day and wish I hadn't waited to see it. It is on the roof with a gorgeous view, lots of cabanas, and almost feels decadent. I did not go to the Drai nightclub, but I peeked in during the day (it's apparently VERY popular), and it was really neat. I wish I could have stayed here more than 3 nights!

Room Tip: I would suggest getting a room as high as possible so you don't hear the traffic below. I would...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends