“Great hotel”
Review of W Hollywood

W Hollywood
Ranked #75 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Nice room, gym, facility, and great staff. Lobby is beautiful and night life/bar area is great. Would stay again

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
w_hollywood_10, General Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2011

Thanks! It really is a ton of fun to not only work here, but recieve feedback from our guests! Please come see us again.

Reviewed April 16, 2011

It's 1:32am and the walls and bed are vibrating here on the 11th floor. I can deal with the Ed Hardy mainstreamers that this place caters to but my god. I have the fan on full blast and the water in my glass bedside is vibrating. Just awful.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank SeattleWadegen
Reviewed April 14, 2011

I travel to LA about 6 times a year for business. This was my first stay in Hollywood. I frequent the W Hotel in Dallas so I decided to try the Hollywood location. BAD IDEA. I walk in on a Wednesday night to check in and had no idea what I'd gotten myself into. The lobby basically turns into a club at night full of a bunch of Hollywood wannabes. You can hear the music on the first few floors. I was put on the 11th floor in a room right next to the fitness center. All I heard all night was the sound of people running on the treadmill, and worse...the sounds of people dropping weights. It was so loud it sounded like someone was throwing bowling balls at our wall. Mix that in with the party goers outside yelling on the sidewalks and you're sure to get no sleep! I'm actually a young partier myself...but this was ridiculous. Its apparently the hot spot for locals to hang. I am a stylish woman with plenty of money yet still felt out of place and uncomfortable to even walk in the lobby. The staff was rude. The atmosphere is pretentious and snobbish and the locals make you feel unwelcome as a guest. The location is blocks away from any attractions or shopping on Hollywood Blvd. Overall...unless you want to party like Charlie Sheen or Guns N Roses don't stay here. Its not worth the money.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank Lush21

Please accept my apology for your experience! We take service very seriously here and attained our highest Guest Service Index just this past monthl. Seeing your comments is akin to deflating a balloon. We do tend to attract a high energy crowd most nights of the week, but absolutely can offer you one of our designated "quiet floors" on your next visit. Please come give us a second try! I promise a very different outcome. You may contact me directly if you'd like.

Warm regards -

Reviewed April 14, 2011

This was perhaps one of the most upscale hotels I have ever stayed in and it was an absolutely amazing experience! I have no complaints what so ever and I cant wait to be back in LA to stay at my favorite W again!

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I live locally, and due to a fire in my building, this Cat needed a place to stay for a night while the smoke cleared. The W hotels accept pets, not just dogs! Yes, there is a cleaning fee for pets, but the staff was so welcoming and friendly to me, I didn't mind. They even have a special room service menu for us furry types.

As for you human-type visitors, take the time to learn about your hotel and its location! This is a very hip, modern hotel--great for young couples or singles, NOT families! Hollywood has become a nightlife hot-spot, and lots of locals go to the W Hollywood for the clubs (Drai's, the pool, the outdoor Hollywood Station lounge, the Living Room lobby) and to eat at Delphine. It is a see-and-be-seen kind of place.

Visitors should keep in mind, however, that Hollywood is still gritty in parts and not completely gentrified. LA also has the largest population of homeless in the USA (well, where would you live if you had no home?), which is something beyond the hotel's control. The security in the lobby and the elevators make sure street traffic doesn't bother guests at the W.

The Rooms: The W decor is modern minimalism with a neutral palette. Everything is brand-new and super clean. The bed was ultra comfortable. The window seat was a nice touch, even if the view from Room 320 is of the valet parking area. Noise from there was minimal, but echoed. Room wasn't huge, but enough to move around. The Bliss bath products are great (and so's the spa) and the walk-in shower is spacious. I wish there was a tub, though.

If I had to complain about anything, the lighting (the bathroom in particular) was dim. The noise from the hallways was loud (keep it down, people!). The clock radio/iPod dock did not work. The phone on the desk only worked in Speaker mode. Those are little things that need to be checked and fixed regularly. The extras are also pricey- $9 for a lg bottle of Figi water, a $25 face mask sample by the sink. My Blackberry, which gets excellent reception anywhere else in H'wood, could not get a 3G signal in my room. The only free WiFi is in the lobby.

Breakfast room service was fast and delish. Great French press of coffee. All the staff I encountered were very friendly and excellent, to both of us (furry and non-furry).

**There is a locals-only rate, which is a great bargain. You will have to show your license to prove you live in LA, though.

All in all, this is a great place to stay and feel Fabulous!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room not near club or pool.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank LACat
w_hollywood_10, General Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2011

Thanks so much for taking a moment to give some feedback. It seems overall you had a great experience, but I do apologize for the glitches you encountered. We are proud to be part of the Hollywood community and I'm glad you could use our 'neighbor rate'! Please come back soon and be sure to ask for me. I'd love to say hello.

Warm regards -

Reviewed April 8, 2011

Had a great stay at the W on Hollywood! Location was as amazing as the hotel. The hotel is run like a swiss clock. The layout, staff, gym, room and management are accomodating and friendly. Order room service....food is amazing and reasonable. Oh a real star hangout too!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2011

My husband and I have never stayed at a W and had an extra night in LA and found a good deal on Priceline for under 200.00 so we booked. The W held up to our expectations without a dought. The valet was very nice as well as the check in girl which gave us a great room that had a view of the Hollywood sign.
The room was clean, large, the bed was comfortable, and had great bath products.

The valet is 38.00 dollars a night which I thought was kind of high but expected when you stay at a W hotel.

I really couldn't say anything bad about this hotel, it makes me excited to stay at another W in another city.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple