“So yummy”
Review of Umami Burger

Umami Burger
Reserve with OpenTable
Umami Burger is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #108 of 10,140 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The cheesy tots are so good and the diablo burger was super yummy. I had read some poor reviews so I was worried but I found it to be delish

There are newer reviews for Umami Burger

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I recently visited the Umami Burger cafe at Fred Segal in Santa Monica. I placed an order to go of the Burger with Hatch chills, cheese etc with fries and onion rings. For me this burger was more enjoyable than Father's Office because it wasn't so rich. All the flavors worked together without overpowering the taste of the burger. Not to mention, I am not a fan of onion rings but loved these and wished for more!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We visited the Umami location at The Grove in L.A. After hearing one had opened there, we decided it would be the perfect place to grab an afternoon bite to eat. First of all, we had trouble finding it! It is not located on The Grove's "main drag," but is tucked away on the back street that leads into the west entrance of the parking structure. Signage is at a minimum; look for the Umami logo (it looks like lips!). Because it was between lunch and dinner times, they were not busy and we were promptly seated at a table. It seems that there were about a dozen small tables and 10-12 booths. The place has a very upscale-modern décor, but seemed “echo-y” with voices and noises carrying throughout the small dining room.

We ordered the “Umami Burgers” at $11 each. (It is a burger with caramelized onions, shitake mushroom, “parmesan crisp,” and tomato, on a logo-stamped, grilled bun.) We asked for our burgers to be cooked “medium” because our server told us they are usually medium-rare. We also ordered the “Tempura Onion Rings” to share, at $3.50/order. (As I recall, there were probably about 5 or 6 nice-sized rings in the order.) The burger was either juicy or greasy…we couldn’t decide which! The service wasn’t speedy or especially efficient, but servers were pleasant. We had to flag down someone to ask for a few things (ketchup, napkins, water) because our server never came back to check on us. As a matter of fact, we had pondered the option of buying dessert, but because of the MIA status of our server, we left and bought a cupcake at Sprinkles instead!

I’m glad we experienced Umami, but I think there is a lot of hype about this place. The burger was good, but not outstanding. It was really not much better than one from "The Habit" that sells for $2.95! I probably won’t be going back anytime soon.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was a wonderful treat...we had delicous burgers and fries. The turkey burger was gourmet and the buns are unique....very reasonable for a gourmet treat. Loved this place and a great place to bring friends and family.

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We split smushed fries- great; hatch burger-good but not enough chili for a New Mexico boy; triple pork - too salty. Side sauces good. One of best things was $2.50 valet parking.
If I go back will try the fish burger.
One smallish complaint is no beer.