“Loved it!!”

Dearly Departed: The Tragic History Tour of Los Angeles
Ranked #15 of 251 Tours in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Murders, Deaths, Scandals and fun things happened all over Los Angeles. But it's light hearted. Promise. Dearly Departed Tours is a 3 hour tour of the Deathstyles of the Rich and Famous. Legends from Mae West and Bela Lugosi, to Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson. With a side of Hugh Grant and Chris Brown and Rihanna thrown in for good measure. "Creepy, Hilarious, but not for kids or the prissy." - Lonely Planet Also available, The Helter Skelter Tour - based solely on the Manson Murders. Join Scott Michaels, the host of the documentary, The Six Degrees of Helter Skelter will unravel this bizarre time in American History. American Horror Story based their "Eternal Darkness Tour" on us and we've been featured in Anthony Bourdain's The Layover, E! 20 Most Horrifying Hollywood Murders and The Girls Next Door. Hundreds of unedited positive reviews online, Tripatini, Yelp, Yahoo Travel and Tripadvisor. *** Because of our recent move, the MUSEUM is closed until mid to late April.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My first time in LA and like to do one tour when new to a city. My adult daughter picked this one and she truly picked a winner!! I could not imagine doing a tour of the "stars" homes. Brian was our guide in an air- conditioned bus. It was a fun and, at times, gruesome tour. Brian was really the star of the show and kept us entertained while telling some tragic stories along with Hollywood tidbits. A great tour, I highly recommend it! Not for young children!

1  Thank Betsetta
There are newer reviews for Dearly Departed Tours

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This tour is one of a kind in LA. All the others are stars homes and such, and they're fun and all. But this one shows many of the infamous spots of famous tragedies and scandals that have befallen celebrities old and more recent. Even includes some 911 recordings. I've taken it twice, and I'd go again! None of the sights from the OJ Simpson incident though, which is kind of surprising. And I'd prefer to see sights from that instead of where Halle Berry or Lindsay Lohan crashed their car. But all in all, a great unique and funny tour!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I recently took this tour for the first time on a trip to LA, and it could not have been better. Brian is fun and brilliant! I was the only single on the tour and got to sit in the front seat with Brian. He made my day with some of his off the wall comments, and the knowledge he brings to the tour is truly amazing! He even offers tidbits of info on architecture, which I greatly appreciated. Now I want to return to LA as soon as possible simply to take more tour from these guys! THANKS for making my trip to LA so memorable!

1  Thank SpaceCadet68
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Did this tour for the second time on a recent visit to LA, and really I still think it's probably the only good reason to spend a day in LA.

Brian was our tour guide and he was both personable and funny for the whole tour. The tour itself is a fantastic way to see some very famous parts of the city, along with the seedier, more infamous stuff that defines the tour.

Just jump on board and do the tour it's without a doubt the best tour I've ever done.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Sightseeing in L.A./Hollywood is a very cutthroat industry. The tour companies pretty much compete for the same business, (Foreign & American) tourists. Then along comes Scott Michaels, and his Dearly Departed Tours. Let me just say Scott has seriously carved out a niche for himself in the L.A./Hollywood tourist sightseeing industry. Keep in mind, while Dearly Departed Tours, is not your typical everyday sightseeing venue. You are in for a truly interesting experience. That is if your into the deaths of celebrities.

With that being said, with the mixture of celebrity death stories, and other Hollywood history tidbits. This tour should definitely be on your list. If you have the time to take the 2 1/2-3 hour tour you should definitely take it. Just keep in mind the words used to describe the gruesome, and often untimely deaths of the celebs featured on the tour, are used with vulgarity, so if you don't mind that, you should be good to go.