WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #11 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Highly Recomended!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2010

Hi! I'm a tourist from Malaysia who plans to spend few nights in LA and guess what?! This is probably one of the best budget hotel I've ever stay. You probably don't get a bell boy to carry your stuff or limosine to the doorstep but the services provided by Jerry's family is far beyond expectation. Clean towels, bed sheets, drinking waters, plugs, fridge, flat screen TV, High-speed internet and more amenities will definitely not be problem for you. Travelling without own transportation? Is not a problem now since the location is strategic while they're able to provide details needed for public transport which makes your life much easier and cost efficient.Anyway, i would also like to thanks the whole family who treated me so good during the trip. If you guys really want a good room with affordable price, there are no way you're not staying in this motel!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2010

Good sized room with queen sized bed. TV had many channels. Walk in closet. Bathroom is a bit older style, but clean - which is the most important part. We received two bottles of water upon arrival, which was handy as we were thirsty. A/C unit worked perfectly - cooled down the room quickly after coming back from a full day out to find it warm. Very convenient location close to downtown, close to Universal Studios, close to Hollywood and Beverly Hills. You can get to all those places with a 15-30 min drive depending on traffic. Will definitely stay there again if in LA.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

I stayed at Jerry's Motel for 3 nights in August. I was travelling alone and thought it was a great place to spend a few nights. I thought it was great that Jerry offered to pick me up downtown after dark - wonderful service. The motel is about a 5 minute drive to downtown, and there is a bus right around the corner that goes there. The motel was very clean and I was provided with a bottle of water and a piece of fruit everyday. :) Lots of tv channels and awesome air conditioning too. The price was very good and I would definitely stay there again if I'm ever back in LA.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2010

We stayed here for 1 week while sightseeing around L/A.
For $65 a night we can't complain!
Jerry & his family are all very polite and helpfull.
We bumped into them most days and they would ask how we were, where we had been & gave us lots of advise/directions.
We hired a car for the week, Hollywood is 20mis away.
Santa Monica - 30mins away.
Free parking @ Jerrys - brill!
Good size room & it was cleaned daily.
Yes a little dated, but who cares for $65 a night in a good size, clean room!
Fridge & microwave in the room.
We felt safe in the area.
Perfect for us as we were traveling on a budget.
We would definately stay here again.
Thanks Jerry!!

• Stayed August 2010
emeryville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

It is a very simple motel that had everything. The price was reasonable $65.00 per night. Very close to downtown, and the LA convention center. We need to place to stay while we attend the Anime Expo. This place was close enough so that we didn't have to mess with the traffic . It offered free parking, and free wifi internet which is hard to come by in downtown. I will be coming to Jerry's Motel for my conference in the future.

Thanks for all the service,

Henry

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Ft. Worth Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2010

True story: I made my plans for a business trip to Los Angeles about three weeks ago. Swayed by the positive reviews of Jerry's Motel here, I booked a room. Important note: Jerry (yes, there is a Jerry) does not ask for credit card information prior to arrival. Unconventional and while a little unnerving for some business travelers (who connect giving a CC# with locking in a reservation), it is, on the other hand, a fair gesture and one that conveys trust. Rest of story: Through a business contact I secure lodging closer to my business event (E3 at the LACC, the largest convention in Los Angeles), at no cost to me, so of course I choose to stay at that hotel. However, I forget to inform Jerry that I no longer need the previously reserved room at his motel. Fast forward to the first day of the event -- the day after I was to have checked in at Jerry's. I get a call on my cell phone and it is Jerry, who in the friendliest and an almost gentle manner, asks if I intend to stay at the hotel. I am shocked at my own forgetfulness. I feel terrible. I apologize to Jerry. I offer to make good on the reservation. Repeat apologies. Jerry will have none of it. He understands. He asks if I made it to Los Angeles safely. How my accommodations are. He says there is no need to send any money but to come by the motel to have a look and to please consider his operation on my next trip. Bottom line: Jerry is clearly a fair, honest, stand-up guy. I flaked on him and he never made me feel like the idiot I was. I certainly cost Jerry a couple hundred dollars in lost revenue during the biggest business week in Los Angeles. My hats off to you, sir. May the good reviews for Jerry's Motel continue -- you very likely deserve them. And I will definitely consider your motel on my next trip to LA. Thank you Jerry for your unconventional and unusually fair approach to business.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank carlos99_10
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

If you have plans to be gone most of the day and just need a clean and tidy place to refresh yourself ... I recommend this motel. The only negative is that it's wedged in between two less-than-desirable properties, although I still felt safe. EZ walking distance to rapid transit system and convention centers. Owner/manager is very willing to accommodate any special needs.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business