Jerry's Motel
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
$531
Hilton.com
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$329
  • Beachfront
Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza(Los Angeles)
$229
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$471
$325
Agoda.com
$395
$342
Loews Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsfree parkingclose to downtowngoodie bagdowntown lafree muffinswelcome packsnack packon arrivalwalk in closetroom was cleanplace to sleepbus stopupon checkwould stay here againunion stationbottled waterlate at night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Jerry's Motel for 4 nights while visiting LA. The room was very clean, conveniently located within a short distance of many attractions, and has free onsite parking. The staff was extremely polite, helpful & available 24/7. Coffee mix & muffins were provided daily, as was shampoo, body wash & makeup removal wipes. The room had a small refrigerator, hot pot, hair dryer, and iron/ironing board. There is a convenient store located just around the corner. If you're looking for an affordable place to stay with everything you need, this is the place! We would definitely choose Jerry's Motel for any future LA visits.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool or fitness center.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NancyMMulford
JerrysMotel, Manager at Jerry's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Hi NancyMMulford,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review and share your experience. We are so glad to hear our location and value were perfect for your stay in Los Angeles. We hope to see you next time!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed two nights for a wedding in Alhambra, which was only about a 20-25min drive away. The front desk staff was great about accommodating our 1AM check-in. The bed was comfortable, but unfortunately only two pillows were provided. The room was clean and spacious for getting ready for the wedding. The free parking was very helpful. We tried to book another stay two months later, but apparently 2 weeks in advance wasn't early enough. Not surprising for such affordable price in the Downtown Area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
JerrysMotel, Manager at Jerry's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Hi ForeverILoveAlaska,

Thanks for your review and for choosing to stay with us for the wedding you attended. We hope you had a great time!

We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and wish we would have had an opening for you 2 months later. We do tend to sell out in advance since we are small, centrally located and the downtown area is full of popular bars, restaurants and concert venues.

We hope to see you again next time! Be sure to book as far in advance as possible. Thanks!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I arrived very late at night at Jerry's Motel but the hospitality and assistance that I received was brilliant. They even helped by keeping my luggage on the last day for my flight late at night. Despite being the cheapest motel, it was clean, comfortable and very convenient. Yes, it was a short walk away from the main streets in downtown LA, being a single female, I took public transport to main attractions and then jumped into a $5 cab to get me home at night. During the day, it was easy to walk around and find key attractions.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Kavita D

Hi da_butterfree,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write about your stay with us. It's wonderful to hear you had a great stay with us and found our hotel to be a good value. It sounds like you really made the most out of your trip and made your way around the city comfortably, which is awesome! We hope you enjoyed this huge, diverse city we call home.

Thanks again and if you are ever back in LA we hope to see you again!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I was a delegate for a recent state convention held at the Biltmore in downtown LA. All of the rooms there were booked when I was chosen to represent our area so I went on line to see what else might be available. I am SO lucky to have found Jerry's on line! Being alone in the big city was a scary thought, but everything about Jerry's was safe, clean and welcoming. A very short walk or cab ride downtown got me where I needed to go. Returning to the motel was a pleasure each night. I often think about my experience there and wish I had a reason to return!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Hi Jane M,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We remember your stay in March for the state convention, and wish to thank you again for staying with us.

It's great to hear our location worked out perfectly for you. Our guests often choose to stay with us due to our proximity to larger, more expensive hotels in the downtown area, and we are glad this was also the case for you.

We hope to see you again whenever you are back in LA!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights in May at the end of a solo travelling trip. Was one of the cheaper places to stay but with good reviews on here. I was nervous about staying in LA after listening to other people's opinions in the other cities I stayed in prior to arriving in LA but I wish I hadn't listened as I enjoyed my stay a lot more than I expected to.

Ok, on arriving at the hotel, it's not the most beautiful but it's a motel in downtown so I didn't expect it to be. However, I arrived earlier than check in time but as my room was ready I was allowed to check in as I arrived. The lady who checked me in was amazing - I think she sensed my nervousness and was very helpful with various maps & information, and when I discussed with her the places I planned to visit during my stay she also offered me great advice on how to get there etc ( I didn't have a car so relied on public transport but there is free parking available). I was also allowed to check out a little later than normal for free and it wasn't a problem when I asked about this on check in.

Rooms are great - big with plenty of space, comfortable beds, clean, free safety deposit box, TV with plenty of channels & a fridge which I found very helpful.

It was around a 15 min walk to Downtown or around a 3 min bus ride, and there you can get the metro train or transfer to other buses. Ok so return bus stops (as mentioned in previous reviews) aren't always exactly near where you got off, but the hotel provided a paper info sheet with the street names of where bus stops were to get you back to hotel, so this along with a map was helpful and I found my way back every time with no problems, and I was a female on my own. As long as you're prepared to do a bit of planning with a map before you go anywhere then personally I don't think you'd have a problem. You can buy cards that you top up with a day pass etc that you can use on any metro bus or trains which is helpful and saves money, the lovely lady at check in actually gave me a spare card to use to top up & just asked me to leave it behind when I left, I thought this was a great idea and saves you a couple dollars having to buy your own card. I got a bus & a train to Universal Studios. Pretty straightforward journey. Motel is also walking distance to one of the hop on hop off bus stops if this was something you wanted to do.

I didn't feel 100% safe at all times in LA, but think certain areas could be a lot worse! I didn't stay out in the dark and if I was unsure about walking I just hopped on a bus but as I said I was on my own. The area around the hotel seemed fairly safe, schools nearby so at weekends it's quite quiet but felt fine and bus drivers will help you if you ask them nicely! Taxis are expensive and I personally used Uber - a private taxi service that tend to be a lot cheaper. You can download an App onto your phone and request a car when you need one, it'll also give you an estimated cost if you put in your destination. They then send you a profile of the driver & car that will be collecting you. I used this service a few times & was very impressed. A 55 min journey to the airport (bit of traffic) cost me £38 (£23) which is much cheaper than what a taxi would cost!

Overall a clean affordable motel with big rooms, friendly staff and fairly well placed (if you're happy to use public transport or your own car) to visit other sights in LA. Would definitely recommend and those travelling alone - I think you'll feel safe here, I certainly did!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank KacieJG
JerrysMotel, Manager at Jerry's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Hi KacieJG,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your recent experience. We're so glad our affordable prices were a great fit for your vacation. We're also glad to hear you enjoyed our city and managed to do all your sightseeing via Hop On Hop Off Tour and public transportation. Buses can definitely be tricky, but you are correct, with a little planning and a map, it can be done! Additionally, Hop On/Off Tours take a lot of the guess work out of figuring out what to see while in LA, so good choice!

Hopefully we'll see you again if you make it back to our part of the world!