“First class”
Review of Jerry's Motel

Jerry's Motel
Ranked #13 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I agree with the rest of the reviews. I got the dates wrong due to the international date line and I'm not very clever. We arrived late by a day. I would have expected to have to pay for that day but they wavered the cost. Totally unexpected and a nice welcome to the States.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Welsie

Reviewed March 7, 2013

When we pulled up to the motel, we thought we may have made a mistake. The neighborhood looked a little bit sketchy, but it turned out to be fine. The building is older, but the owners are doing things to upgrade and they keep this place CLEAN! It was very nice. We were in room #2 (handicapped room) and it is tucked in the corner. This may have been the reason, but it was very quiet in our room. The parking lot is small and I would not recommend you try to bring an F250 and try to park it! (That's what we did). You can do it, but only if you're a patient and very experienced driver. The people were very helpful (we didn't know the area) and the ADA stuff was great. Big shower that you could roll right into, etc. Don't expect luxury, but if you stay here, you CAN expect, a good value and a relaxing and CLEAN place to sleep!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Susan P
Reviewed March 6, 2013

All reviews are absolutely true, this is a great deal! Smooth i-pad check-in, very soon after check in they email your receipt. I was so happy with the giftbag which contained lots of small snacks. Room was new, clean and smelled superfresh, WiFi worked fine, didn't try the tv but it was a new flatscreen. I loved the fact there was a handsoap dispenser instead of the usual hotelsoap.
Check out is superfast too as you can leave the roomkey inside the room.
There is just one luggage rack so leave the stuff you don't need in the car. In the room there is a map with directions to everything you might need. Location is perfect, close to Hollywood and downtown. I only stayed for one night, but I stay here you won't regret it!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bosbes
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Super friendly owners who showed us on a map all the places to see in la. Check in was a breeze and they used an iPad to do it. That's a first for me. We even left our iPad charger at our previous hotel and they let us borrow one. The rooms are nice and clean. Bathrooms seem updated and the tv was great with satellite. Free car park and wi-fi to boot. Not a fancy hotel from the outside but a pleasant surprise inside. Definitely easy place to recommend to friends and family coming to LA!

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Welltrav123
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Dear all,

I have to say this is the best motel I have ever stayed.

The owner is a young couple. They are very nice and friendly. The most important, they are very helpful. They will listen to your needs and try to meet your needs. I have to say I travel alone and really need these help.

The room is very clean and new. And the location is close to the downtown. They are always out there for you if you need them.

They also gave me some snacks and drinks while I am checking in. It was so helpful since I don't have time to buy these staff since when I am checking in is around 10pm.

You will feel the family caring and the warm. It is a really good stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
JerrysMotel, General Manager at Jerry's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

It was a true pleasure having you as a guest and assisting you with your trip as much as possible. We want all of our guests to enjoy their trips, and do everything we can to be of assistance. Hope to see you again when you are back in Los Angeles!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I recently had to take a trip to Los Angeles to attend a conference. The conference was in Downtown Los Angeles, so I thought it would be nice to stay local, so I could cut down on the driving traffic. All the downtown hotels and motels seem to have off-site parking, where they charge additional fees just to park your car. Jerry's Motel happened to be six blocks walking distance from where I needed to be, plus they had their own private parking lot on the premises, which I liked very much, plus their rate was such a bargain!

Using the GPS in my car, the motel was easy to find, albeit the parking lot is very small. I arrived half an hour early, but they were very nice and let me check in early nonetheless. The room was small and cozy, but very clean- no weird odors, no mildew. The bathroom looked as if it had been recently renovated with its stone-tiled shower and modern fixtures. The bed was very comfortable and I had no problem falling asleep.

Since the motel is located downtown, there is a fair amount of traffic. I had a Friday overnight stay and cars and buses were still driving by till late in the evening. But after that, the noise just died and all was quiet until morning.

All in all, for the price, the security of your car, and the cleanliness of the accommodations, Jerry's Motel can't be beat! Next time I have another conference in the area, I'll be staying with them again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank 2eskimos

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your feedback. We are very happy to hear that our location worked out very well for your conference. You are correct, our bathrooms were recently updated to help provide an even more comfortable experience to our guests. Hope to see you again during your next conference in the area!

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Great value for your money. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and spacious. We had parking right outside our room. Other bonuses were free wifi and a little bag of snacks and drinks upon arrival.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thanks so much for your recent stay! Glad to hear the free Wi-Fi and and snacks helped make your stay a good one. Hopefully we will see you again if you are in Los Angeles in the future. Take care!