“Clean, Good location & Great service!”
Review of Jerry's Motel

Jerry's Motel
Ranked #14 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was a great stay for a first stay in LA. Roseline was very welcoming and friendly (just what we needed after such a long flight!) she provided good information and free snacks upon arrival. The room was clean, bright airy and well equipped apart from a kettle which I thought would have been very useful. Free parking and speedy free WIFI
We would definitely recommend this place :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
JerrysMotel, General Manager at Jerry's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

We are so happy to hear your experience with us was a pleasant one. We always try to be as helpful as possible to all of our guests in order to make them feel welcomed and comfortable. Thanks for your feedback!

There are newer reviews for Jerry's Motel

Reviewed February 3, 2013

If swanky and luxurious is your thing, this place won't work for you. But it is probably still the best bargain in L.A. for lots of reasons.
First of all, the owners are great! They work the desk and went out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed, including directions around town. I had a problem with the internet (free) and the owner locked the office and came up to my room and fixed it right away. He also helped me secure parking when the motel lot appeared full.
The room has all the basic amenities and was clean. Not modern, but clean. It is an old two story motel which hasn't changed much since the 1950's, but it isn't run down. Cable TV with HBO is pretty standard everywhere, and Jerry's had these.
It is in a good central location, just north of the Santa Monica Fwy and walkable to all points downtown.
And the price...I paid $70, which includes parking and wifi.
Next time I need to spend a night in L.A. I will definitely be back to Jerry's Motel.

Room Tip: I had an upstairs room and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
JerrysMotel, General Manager at Jerry's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate you being a guest of ours and hope we can welcome you back in the future. Since your stay in March 2012, we have refurbished our rooms. If we see you again, we hope you'll enjoy our friendly customer service along with our updated rooms. Thanks again!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Thanks to the hosts at Jerrys Motel, the service was very helpful, the room had all the facilities I needed. No undue noise from the neighbours. The location was excellent for me, close to down-town and bus services. Very satisfied guest!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank katejane
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was nervous about finding a hotel in LA but felt very happy with Jerry's. The hotel had great proximity to all of the tourist attractions that we went to in LA and Hollywood. The free parking spot was great and the security cameras in the parking lot made me feel more secure. The hotel is right in downtown LA and maybe not within walking distance of many places but I still felt safe while I was staying there. They gave us the wireless internet passwords when we checked in and we had no problems with the connection. The room had everything we needed since we were not really planning to hang out at the hotel and the rooms did have a free safe. The price was right at Jerry's and it had everything we needed. The only complaint we had was that there is a club or something nearby that was playing music pretty loudly until pretty late in the night. But I would definitely recommend staying here and would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Christen H
Reviewed January 24, 2013

What a great motel, with friendly, helpful staff. As we didn't have a laptop the staff were more than happy to google information for us. A lovely gift bag of 'goodies' on arrival.A 'corner store' for extra supplies was just few doors away. A wee walk to downtown, Staples Centre, but doable. Was safe to walk home after 10pm. Buses handy. Bit of noise from the unit above us, but ok. We arrived earlier than check-in but were able to leave our bags safely.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Juliet S
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms. Free wifi and very convenient parking just outside the rooms. Friendly service on arrival. No hazzle and easy access to LA. A little noise from traffic, ventilation and surroundings. But if you are looking for that good motel feeling, this is it.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank WebbDavid
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I had a really pleasant stay here. I was there for a short visit but the hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and the location is great!! I felt very relaxed and enjoyed my stay, I will certainly be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business