“Not what I expected, average food”
Review of Trader Vic's - CLOSED

Trader Vic's
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Figueroa and Francisco
Transit: L.A. LIVE is located at 800 W. Olympic Blvd. in downtown Los Angeles, near STAPLES Center and the Los Angeles Convention Center. The L.A. LIVE campus is only a 5 minute walk from Pico Station (Blue Line) and a 10 minute walk from the 7th Street Metro Station (Red/Purple Line).
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not what I expected, average food”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The restaurant caters to large parties and they were particularly rowdy on the night of my visit, food took over 30 minutes to arrive and drinks were definitely overpriced. No manager presence in the dining room, unless you are part of a group, go somewhere else, plethora of options around.

Visited January 2013

Helden, The Netherlands
“Nice atmosphere and good food”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We have been in many Trader Vic's restaurants in the world and the quality is always fine. This restaurant is used to quick and good services since the staples center is very close. A lot of people dine here before a NBA match is starting or before a concert. So even if you are a bit in a hurry, you can easily have a nice meal upfront. We had delicious steaks from the woodoven grill ( if your table is in the back, you will ave a view on the fireplace) and also the appetizer was great (sushi roll). The menu is very divers, so there is something for every taste. From burger to sushi, from fish to steaks. To be short: good food and great service

Pasadena
“If you want Polynesian then go to the South Pacific...”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The bait is the Polynesian Experience in the LA Live Area. We had a group dinner meeting there last night. The Service was 1 step above average however the kitchen skill was less than stellar. You would think that a Restaurant in the Heart of LA Live would be on their 'A' game. On this night we rate them a 'B'. I ordered the Caesar Salad which was good. I ordered for my main course as others did the Fried Rice w/ Shrimp & Chicken. I was served to us a few degrees above tepid temperature. This night could have been a random happening but I have heard today this is regular...

• Visited January 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Wonderful experience across the board.”
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We dined here on a Thursday evening and had a LivingSocial deal. With it we were entitled to two cocktails, one appetizer, two salads, two entrees, and a dessert sampler plus two movie tickets for the Regal down the street. All that for $79! I love LivingSocial. Anyhow, we arrived there in the early afternoon to see if we could get our movie tickets first and then come have dinner later. The lovely hostess took down our voucher number and let us have the movie tickets. We came back later with an 8:00 reservation and were immediately seated. It was no problem as the dining room was empty. Our table had a nice view of the wood oven and we were greeted by our server a moment later. We both had Mai Tais, which were deliciously strong. As an appetizer we shared the pupu platter: spare ribs, pork loin, coconut shrimp, and crab rangoons. All of it was spectacular but the crab Rangoon were especially good. We were also served bread with their homemade peanut butter. Yum! Our salads were plentiful and very tasty. Mom had the porkchop, which was large enough to be mistaken for a roast. It was extremely flavorful and served on a delicious potato hash with pineapple. I had the lamb satay, also amazing with rice and broccolini. We had to box up half of both entrees and we had already eaten quite a bit and still had dessert coming. The dessert sampler came with raspberry cheesecake, homemade butter pecan ice cream, caramel creme brûlée, and brownie bites. Every bite was heavenly. Mom loved the butter pecan and I thoroughly enjoyed the creme brûlée. Overall, everything was spectacular. The service was also impeccable. Our server as a bit of a character but he was friendly and efficient, as were the server assistants. It was a lovely evening and I would certainly dine there again, with or without a deal.

Los angeles
“Nice atmossphere and good food”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

First time to a Trader Vic's restaurant. Went with an online deal I found and really enjoyed. Seemed like the place was quiet for a Sunday dinner. Our waiter was great, quick attentive service and great recommendations on both food and drinks. Both my wife and I enjoyed our food and friendly service. When the manager found out it was our wedding anniversary she offered to bring us champagne.
We liked the decore, feels like being in Hawaii in the 1960's.
We will go back again.