“Dim Sum yum!”

Ranked #534 of 10,140 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Standard dim sum fare - pot stickers, buns, Have the shrimp balls and their signature Chinese broccoli, pork and veggie eggrolls. The fried shrimp balls and Chinese broccoli were great. Waitresses are pretty pushy. They must get paid by how many dishes they sell. Price is right!

There are newer reviews for Golden Dragon Restaurant

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I came every weekend for dimsum that All the cart ladies knew my family. The price is good and the food is good. My family of 5 can eat for under $40-$45 with tips. And I have been to other places but it just didn't compare to this place. I don't come for the service as many know asian places are like that. Thy have their own private lot which is great as parking is scarce. Their pork ribs and tripe are one of my favorite dishes. And coconut buns are so fresh. They come out with char Siu later on in the morning.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Ate here based on TA reviews. We ate exclusively from the carts and it was very good. Busy for lunch. There were lots of empty restaurants that day. This one seemed to cater to the Chinese clientele which we took as a good sign.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

our 2nd time here, being new to dim sum at that point...... I ordered some wings that just came out from the kitchen, one of the wings smelled and tasted like it was marinaded in ammonia !!! this was our last time here.... then we found empress pavilion and cant seem to go anywhere else for dim sum

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Over the past 30+ years we've gone to the Golden Dragon for Sunday Dim Sum. Yes, there are better places (e.g. Empress Pavilion, Capitol Seafood), but the central location (Chinatown), familiarity and being open at 10am, still favor it slightly with some family members (as with this visit). But, oh how this place has gone downhill... Everything had a grungy film on it, the tables, seats, condiment containers, carpets, everything needs a thorough cleaning! The food was greasy as ever (actually a plus), but the portions seem just a tad smaller. The blackbean spareribs (my favorite), sat upon a base of melon (or some type of gourd). Previously, it used to be pure spareribs. Anyway, the steamed pork buns were smaller than I remember. The one thing that didn't seem to have changed much were the Siu Mai (pork/shrimp dumplings). However, the shrimp content has decreased, but that does not bother me personally. Finally, the service was worse than is typical (smaller wait staff).

So, the overall experience was blah. Best to head to the many other Dim Sum places if you are going to put up with the wait, noise and everything else that goes with the Dim Sum experience.