“worth the money”
Review of Coral Sands Motel

Coral Sands Motel
Ranked #62 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We have stayed for 4 nights. Staff is very friendly, location is good. Walk of fame is in a walking distance and Universal City is 20min.away by metro which is very close to the hotel. We have seen most of the places by using public transportation and managed to go either by metro, bus or both. Plus the room was very very clean. We experineced only two drawbacks: First one is lack of beacon lamp in the room. There are two floor lamps in the room which were not enough to illuminate. Secondly, although i have requested to stay away from the jakuzzi and in the second floor, we have stayed right in front of the jakuzzi in the first floor and it was too noisy especially at nights. The engines of the mechanism to heat the jakuzzi makes too much of noise right in front of your room and adding the laughters, chats and making fun of people among each other does not help when trying to sleep or rest.

Room Tip: pick up a room in the second floor and away from the jakuzzi
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Coral Sands Motel

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here two nights for a family vacation prior to a cruise. We were a little concerned with the few comments that questioned the safety of location, but were very pleased with our stay. Yes to dated comments and could it could use some facelift work, but the rooms were very clean and the beds comfortable. All the staff were very good. We had four rooms in total and each person was pleased with the hotel and would definatley stay there again. Also a nice pool area was a bonus. Two went to a Dodgers game and found that very easy to get to via a special bus that goes right to the stadium. The location was easy to visit tourist spots such as universal, stars walk of fame, etc. Starbucks and Ralphs grocery store were just a few steps away and the subway was the next street over. We called for a car service to get to us to the port and they sent two vans for us. The driver gave us such a great tour on our way to the port that we called her when we completed the cruise to take us to our hotel and then another tour! That wasd A-1Express Shuttle. We booked Elaine

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 50Bobbo50
Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you don't want to break the bank and aren't high maintenance this is the perfect motel for you. I was pleasantly surprised upon check in. The motel has a very quaint courtyard with lots of flowers and a built in pool. My room was on the second floor. My only complaint (its not really a complaint) is the motel is older and my room had an odor but once you are in it for about 5 minutes it goes away. Bed linens were clean and the bathroom was spotless and that's really my only MUSTS. As a bonus, the bed was super comfortable. All in all, a great price for L.A. and near LOTS of tourist spots.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Elaine G
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed here for one night en route to Vegas. The reception area was dark and seedy really not very appealing. We got to our room which was outdated and in dire need of repair and renovation. I did not feel safe here, there was a lot of shouting and could hear an argument in another room. The one pillow we had each was lumpy and very uncomfortable.

Needless to say we would never stay here again. It's a shame as it could be an amazing hotel- it just needs investment to bring it up to scratch.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gavandstace
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

After driving to LA and not having a hotel booked, I ended up coming to this place and would recommend it to anyone who's trying to save money. The location is great, the staff was great, the rooms are clean. It was a quiet little place that seemed to be fairly busy with other young couples. I can't say I felt as safe as if I was at a nicer hotel, but you get what you pay for. It will be a good story to tell.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed in this motel as a single female traveller. The staff were amazing and always made me feel safe. They carried my bag up to the room and refused to let me tip them. They were always willing to answer any questions or help out in any way.

The area was a bit iffy, with lots of sketchy people wandering around the motel, especially after dark. However, it is a great walking distance to catch the metro and close to a Starbucks.

The rooms were average. I had a king bed which was comfy and clean. The bathrooms are really small, but clean. The pool, hot tub and garden are a great place to hang out, but can get noisy at night. Overall, my stay was very enjoyable. Thank you coral motel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank alrstars
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Dumpy rooms, small blurry tv! $10+ Tax per visitor give me a break!!! Beds squeak so bad you feel it's gonna break! Exterior of inside of hotel property very clean and nice but overall for $80+ per night before taxes and fees, I'd choose motel 6!!! TV is small and poor and wifi signal week it felt like a hooker motel but sucks!!

• Stayed: April 2013