“Turned out better than it started.”

Whisper Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Whisper Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,349 of 9,980 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Cross street: Fairfax
“Turned out better than it started.”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband made reservations online, and he was contacted by email twice and called to confirm our reservation. When we arrived approximately 15 minutes early ( we were out shopping), the hosted said our reservation wasn't for another hour. We said we would wait at the bar. We weren't treated great until I showed her the email confirmation...then they were apologetic. Since we were waiting we asked for a booth, and we got it. Our waiter was ok, but apparently the guys next to us were famous, because the waiter was fawning over them, while we were being rushed. Our appetizer and entree came out itching two minutes of each other. We were disappointed, because we were so excited to have a romantic dinner out! BEST PART...BARTENDER WAS INCREDIBLE, AND SO APOLOGETIC.

• Visited December 2012

Los Angeles, California
“Great for drinks before a show of after a shop”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Good service and great drinks. I've never had a full meal here, but I've had lots of great appetizers and some good cocktails. It's a great place to kick back after a shop.

Visited November 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Examine your bill before paying!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We recently dined here after strolling around the farmers market and the grove. The restaurant looks very presentable and has a nice atmosphere. I ordered a peach Bellini (great) and the crab and chilli pasta (nice, but the portion was very small and I'm not a big eater!).My boyfriend ordered a lasagne and about 7 minutes after ordering was advised it was not available. He then ordered something else, however when the bill came we were charged for the lasagne on top of everything else! We still tipped although we're resentful due to the error and service. We were still hungry after leaving.

• Visited January 2013
Laguna Niguel, CA
“Upscale dining in the middle of the mall”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Friends invited us to join them for dinner here and we had no idea what it would be like but were pleasantly surprised to find a lovely restaurant in a sea of chain joints at the mall. Drinks and food all excellent, service was good, but a little slow... They did accommodate all our requests, except for a birthday dessert. Portions are very generous, and they didn't rush us at all. Would definitely recommend!

• Visited December 2012
Ekero, Sweden
“Definitely no first come first served policy”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I walked in this restaurant after a full day of sightseeing and shopping, hoping for food. We asked for a table and were seated at a tiny table right next to the waitress' station, very close to the door on a pretty chilly night. The table was clearly one of the two worst tables in the restaurant, and as there were quite a few other tables free I assumed they were already reserved for the evening.

I ordered chicken with a side dish, and was eventually served only the chicken and had to ask the waiter to serve my side dish!

As we were eating, more guests arrived and I was very surprised to see that even though they had clearly not reserved beforehand they were given the far more comfortable tables in the room. I'm guessing the hostess staff just didn't consider us looking as potentially "good" (well-paying) guests. She would have been wrong, but after that treatment naturally we payed the exact amount on the tab and left without ordering dessert.

• Visited February 2012