“Great Service”

LA Prime at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
LA Prime at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #254 of 10,744 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 4th
Reviewed March 10, 2013

While staying on site we wandered in for dinner. They were dismayed that we did not have a reservation, but accommodated us anyway. We were one of 5 tables. The evening was pleasant, good food and service. The steak was tasty and salad was enjoyable, but left no room for dessert.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Pepper steak was fine; filet mignon was average. Pass on the creamed spinach, and get the glazed local carrots instead. The bread basket had a very nice cheddar crisp and date-nut bread in it. Wines by the glass were interesting at the top end. They did give me a free birthday treat. The views would be great on a clear day, but I've seen more spectacular SoCal sunsets from the ground. A MUCH BETTER decision would have taken us one floor down to the revolving bar area where one can get smaller portions of bar food and see a lot more of the city.

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful venue for dinner. Steak was ok. Had the $48 filet which looked a little under nourished. Luckily I was under the weather and not that hungry. I wish I took the car out of the valet and drive to Mastro's. It would have been well worth the drive. First time here, stay at the Westin often but never tried it before. Won't be back. Too many better options in LA.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Meal was OK. Portions were large. Steak came out a bit on the cool side. I almost never complain unless it is inedible. I ate, was a bit disappointed, and now review. Could get the same for about half the cost of the steak alone at Outback or Longhorn.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have been here twice this year. Early December was last time I was here. It is just an inconsistent restaurant. I wanted to give it 4 stars, but I just felt it fell short. This place is Mastro wanna be!!
Service was so lacking, I felt I was waiting for the staff to get my order and wait for food, wait for dessert, wait for check, and wait in general. Do you get the hint! Restaurant was not crowded.
I came in there at 6pm and left at 9:30pm. Food was decent, not great!